Is there anyone NOT planning on getting the Xbox 720 next year?

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
I am surprised by this answer from you...what is drawing you to the xbox?

they very likely will have almost every 3rd party game made in the next gen.

wii u will very likely be home to some great 1st parties, ports of current gen games, indie downloadable games, gamecube VC, and some of the wackest 3rd party efforts ever seen.

sony might be so gunshy after the PS3 debacle that they end up being too conservative with the PS4

i cant think of any institutional barriers to the xbox's future success, i can for the other two companies.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they very likely will have almost every 3rd party game made in the next gen.

wii u will very likely be home to some great 1st parties, ports of current gen games, indie downloadable games, gamecube VC, and some of the wackest 3rd party efforts ever seen.

sony might be so gunshy after the PS3 debacle that they end up being too conservative with the PS4

i cant think of any institutional barriers to the xbox's future success, i can for the other two companies.

I don't get this PS3 had damn near every 3rd party game made for it too why would it suddenly change with the PS4?:huh:

I really only want to stay PS4/PC next gen but WiiU is going to have some Nintendo crack and I'm curious to see what M$ is doing. Most likely I can see them pushing tweaked features from PC pushed as "exclusive" xbox features and a rehash of Halo/Gears again. They seriously need some new first party devs or something. That Gears Judgement trailer didn't excite one bit.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
I don't get this PS3 had damn near every 3rd party game made for it too why would it suddenly change with the PS4?:huh:

I really only want to stay PS4/PC next gen but WiiU is going to have some Nintendo crack and I'm curious to see what M$ is doing. Most likely I can see them pushing tweaked features from PC pushed as "exclusive" xbox features and a rehash of Halo/Gears again. They seriously need some new first party devs or something. That Gears Judgement trailer didn't excite one bit.

but which console was the lead platform with the best framerates, online multiplayer, and timely distribution of patches and other DLC?

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
I won't buy a xbox anything til they get some exclusive GAMES I care about and a free online service

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

If sony wants to remain alive they will cut-down on first party development as well as first party expenses(which they have). Microsoft have opened 4-5 new studios as well as bought others in the last 2 years. Gears of war Judgment is made by peoplemayfly clearly a spin off of the series.

We haven't even seen the new Alan wake, Fable, Crytek Game, Viva Piñata , black tusk studios game, rumored killer instinct ( trademark issues) or anything from Soho London, Redmond, Washington and Victoria, British Columbia etc. Not to mention all the XBLA 1stparty/3rd studios , which i wont jump into

plus we have phil spencer now :ahh:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Not to mention Sony's credit rating has been regulated to junk which means that they will pay a significantly higher interest rating on whatever expense they borrow for development. Going by sonys 4th quarter income statements Sony hasn't even started production for the ps4 which is incredibly odd during this stage in the consoles lifespan. The vita right now is in dead water, Sony better hope sales picks up within the next few months if not developers will continue to expect Sony to fund development themselves (see bioshock)

Red Omega

MANTRA
Daps
Reppin
New York
I plan to cop right away regardless of what Sony drops. Only gonna cop one system this gen and I'm sticking with ms no matter.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
but which console was the lead platform with the best framerates, online multiplayer, and timely distribution of patches and other DLC?

:childplease: Please don't believe the internet's exaggeration of multiplatform differences. I have a new gaming PC, 360 and PS3 and out of all my years of playing the games the only ones that stood out to me where it was admittedly a huge gap in performance was Bayonetta. Every other game had very small differences that only the discerning would notice.

Online multiplayer?? Uhh I don't get this. A game maybe having a few more thousand players doesn't equate a better experience imo. What games you played where it needed 10,000 people in a lobbby? I never could understand why people cared for player pools in MP. I mean an average shooter is 5v5 or at most 32 players and I always had no issues finding games.

If your talking about lag then that's a load of bull because I get lag in Halo 4, Halo Reach, Gears 3 and any other online MP game on XBL. This isn't even an issue on my part because I frequent those games forums and see lots of other gamers facing the same issues. I think the main games that made people think the services was vastly difference in performance was COD which was admittedly made ground up on 360 but even then the 360 had those issues as well.

DLC early content was strictly only for a few games like GTA, COD etc. BF3, and a few other games lately have been getting early and exclusive access on PS3. Patches always came out in the same amount of time on both consoles with an exception to a few games. Trust me the internet makes mountains out of molehills and in real life moments these "issues" are mild at best. Again I have all consoles so I'm not oblivious to these things.

If sony wants to remain alive they will cut-down on first party development as well as first party expenses(which they have). Microsoft have opened 4-5 new studios as well as bought others in the last 2 years. Gears of war Judgment is made by peoplemayfly clearly a spin off of the series.

We haven't even seen the new Alan wake, Fable, Crytek Game, Viva Piñata , black tusk studios game, rumored killer instinct ( trademark issues) or anything from Soho London, Redmond, Washington and Victoria, British Columbia etc. Not to mention all the XBLA 1stparty/3rd studios , which i wont jump into

plus we have phil spencer now :ahh:
:skip: If there was no user attached to the quote I'd swear you were a MS spokesperson.

:aicmon: @ naming tentative projects, newly opening studios and and arcade games as things to go :takedat: for. :heh:

You know what M$ can do to EASILY get that variety of games they desperately seem to need?

Get Rare's head out of their asses and create a brand new Banjo Kazooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day game. Perfect dark, Goldeneye etc.

I'd gladly buy a new Xbox 720 for Conker and Banjo.

Might just take that bread and upgrade the PC

:skip:

Yo a PC upgrade was the best thing I did in years. The sh1t I've been doing is crazy. Playing GTA IV with New york Mods , ICehancer realism mods and all these real cars modded into the game>>>>>>>>>>>>vanilla GTA IV. Far Cry 3 looks AMAZING on PC when hooked up. It takes a bit of tinkering around to get it like that but it's worth it.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
:childplease: Please don't believe the internet's exaggeration of multiplatform differences. I have a new gaming PC, 360 and PS3 and out of all my years of playing the games the only ones that stood out to me where it was admittedly a huge gap in performance was Bayonetta. Every other game had very small differences that only the discerning would notice.

Online multiplayer?? Uhh I don't get this. A game maybe having a few more thousand players doesn't equate a better experience imo. What games you played where it needed 10,000 people in a lobbby? I never could understand why people cared for player pools in MP. I mean an average shooter is 5v5 or at most 32 players and I always had no issues finding games.

If your talking about lag then that's a load of bull because I get lag in Halo 4, Halo Reach, Gears 3 and any other online MP game on XBL. This isn't even an issue on my part because I frequent those games forums and see lots of other gamers facing the same issues. I think the main games that made people think the services was vastly difference in performance was COD which was admittedly made ground up on 360 but even then the 360 had those issues as well.

DLC early content was strictly only for a few games like GTA, COD etc. BF3, and a few other games lately have been getting early and exclusive access on PS3. Patches always came out in the same amount of time on both consoles with an exception to a few games. Trust me the internet makes mountains out of molehills and in real life moments these "issues" are mild at best. Again I have all consoles so I'm not oblivious to these things.

:heh: ps3 still doesnt even have the dragonborn dlc and skyrim is :trash: on it

EDIT: the ps3 Still doesn't even have Dawnguard” and “Hearthfire” :dead:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

:skip: If there was no user attached to the quote I'd swear you were a MS spokesperson.

:aicmon: @ naming tentative projects, newly opening studios and and arcade games as things to go :takedat: for. :heh:

You know what M$ can do to EASILY get that variety of games they desperately seem to need?

Get Rare's head out of their asses and create a brand new Banjo Kazooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day game. Perfect dark, Goldeneye etc.

I'd gladly buy a new Xbox 720 for Conker and Banjo.

Yo a PC upgrade was the best thing I did in years. The sh1t I've been doing is crazy. Playing GTA IV with New york Mods , ICehancer realism mods and all these real cars modded into the game>>>>>>>>>>>>vanilla GTA IV. Far Cry 3 looks AMAZING on PC when hooked up. It takes a bit of tinkering around to get it like that but it's worth it.

I get paid for this :youngsabo:

and rares been long dead before they arrived at ms, best you and I could hope for is another kameo or nuts and bolts which was great.

yea a upgraded pc is cool but we are talking about console gaming i own all 3

Dr.seuss Swag

Trouble Man
Daps
Reppin
Fla
With out a doubt in my mind I'm gonna get 720 :salute::win:

Only reason you nikkas mess with ps-:trash: bcuz you to broke to pay for live :manny: it's sad but its the reality of it :snoop:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz

of course things in the next gen could switch on us, PS4 might become the lead platform...

but if the status quo remains, even if minimal, it's still an advantage. if i am going to buy only one of them, why would i buy the one that seems to get the short end of the stick consistently?

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Not to mention Sony's credit rating has been regulated to junk which means that they will pay a significantly higher interest rating on whatever expense they borrow for development. Going by sonys 4th quarter income statements Sony hasn't even started production for the ps4 which is incredibly odd during this stage in the consoles lifespan. The vita right now is in dead water, Sony better hope sales picks up within the next few months if not developers will continue to expect Sony to fund development themselves (see bioshock)

Pay attention Sony stans. This man speaks the truth.