is there anybody messing with rakim in multiple rhyme schemes

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
No, G-Rap may have progressed the multi and complex rhyme schemes, but Rakim is the true Godfather of that, this can be attested to, to this day, as despite Paid in Full being 25 years old, it still serves as the basis for hip-hop rhyming not only in it's purest form but in it's perfection in execution. It's actually quite amazing really.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You're just proving my point though. Compare above verse with a random Illmatic verse and you'll see Nas has a much more intricate rhyme scheme mid-bar. Nobody is sh*tting on Rakim's legacy here man. You just gotta be realistic about it. There is a reason why Illmatic is considered one of the greatest albums of all time, it's because it set a new standard for NY rap in terms of rhyming (among other reasons of course). Rakim influenced the game heavy but he wasn't actually the god mc who was never equalled by the people who followed him. Rakim paved the way for people like Nas to improve the technical aspect of rhyming.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree cuzz I don't feel Nas rhyme schemes on Illmatic were as intricate as Ra on Follow the Leader and Let The Rhythm Hit em. You like Nas style(mid bar) better than Ra so that's understandble. Both have intricate rhyme schemes but different styles and how they introduce them thru their rhyme schemes. Ra rhymes a lot which U call predictable and I call complex. Ra uses internal rhymes much more than Nas did on Illmatic so maybe U just not fond of that literary device.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
No, G-Rap may have progressed the multi and complex rhyme schemes, but Rakim is the true Godfather of that, this can be attested to, to this day, as despite Paid in Full being 25 years old, it still serves as the basis for hip-hop rhyming not only in it's purest form but in it's perfection in execution. It's actually quite amazing really.

G Rap and Big Pun highlighted their multis more than say a Rakim or Nas did but that didn't mean that they had better multis. But I wouldn't argue anyone sayin G rap or Pun had the best multis. That was there calling card along with their flow!!

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
G Rap and Big Pun highlighted their multis more than say a Rakim or Nas did but that didn't mean that they had better multis. But I wouldn't argue anyone sayin G rap or Pun had the best multis. That was there calling card along with their flow!!

I agree with you, what I'm saying is both of their styles use Rakim as the basis and neither are so far advanced past Rakim, at least to me, to the point where I could say it was an evolution. I think that that Pun and G Rap benefit from better overall delivery, which enhances that aspect to the listener.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I agree with you, what I'm saying is both of their styles use Rakim as the basis and neither are so far advanced past Rakim, at least to me, to the point where I could say it was an evolution. I think that that Pun and G Rap benefit from better overall delivery, which enhances that aspect to the listener.

Kool G may have used Ra somewhat as a basis but he rhymed so much different than Ra to advance past what Ra was doing since he wasn't doing what Ra was doing and vice versa. Yeah their shared some of the same literary devices but had completly different styles and main flows.

Kool G revolutionized his style of rappin though...ask Pun!!

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
To me, Ra is the GOAT and always will be but Kool G Rap is a close 2nd. When I first heard this my mind was just blown. I was amazed by the flow, the lyricism and the wit. I was just like:

:takedat::smugdraper::win::ohhh::smugfavre::noah: :why: :ahh::youngsabo::krs:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This is 88...this is multi/intricate rhyme scheme at its best!!! LMAO at kats sayin Rakim is predictable!!

Flashbacks interfere, ya start to hear:
The R-A-K-I-M in your ear;
Then the beat is hysterical,
that makes Eric go get a ax and chops the wack,
soon the lyrical format is superior,
faces of death remain,
MC's decaying, cuz they never stayed,
the scene of a crime every night at the show,
the fiend of a rhyme on the mic that you know,
It's only one capable, breaks-the unbreakable,
melodies-unmakable, pattern-unecscapable...

Phrases that's fearsome...
You want to hear some sounds that not only pounds but please your eardrums;
I sit back and observe the whole scenery,
then nonchalantly tell you what it mean to me,
strictly business I'm quickly in this mood,
and I don't care if the whole crowd's a witness!
I'm a tear you apart but I'm a spare you a heart,
program into the speed of the rhyme, prepare to start,
rhythm's out of the radius, insane as the craziest
musical madness MC ever made, see it's
now an emergency, open-heart surgery...
open your mind, you will find every word'll be
furier than ever, I remain the furture,
battle's tempting...whatever suits ya!
For words the sentence, there's no resemblance,
you think you're ruffer, then suffer the consequences!
I'm never dying-terrifying results,
I wake ya with hundreds of thousands of volts,
mic-to-mouth resuscitation, rhythm with radiation,
novicane ease the pain it might save him,
if not, Eric B.'s the judge, the crowd's the jury...
How do I plead to homicide?
Lyrics of Fury!

Nas is the best EMCEE right now but he fu#kin with Ra in technique...just aint happenin!!