Is the Xbox Series S already a failure?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The PS5 Pro is just unnecessary. It introduces the same problem Microsoft has right now. One more powerful version of console being held back by the weaker one. If it was a stupid idea to release a two tiered system when Microsoft did it why wouldn't it be the same when Sony does it? The owners of the base console will greatly outnumber the Pro and beyond some minor additions to games at best nothing meaningful will be the result of it. It's just a cash grab to sell people who already have PS5s another PS5.

Naw because the base model is still the model they are designing for, which is stronger than the series s. It’s easier to scale up then to scale down.

Same as the pro models were last generation. The base PS4 still got the same games it always did and the pro models got enhanced resolution and load itmes

PS5 Pro

PS5- Series X <———-developers are targeting this line of consoles

Series S

PS4/Xbox One
Switch

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
It's not a failure, I love mine, but I definitely see them going switch-like for their next-gen, 2nd SKU.

Samsung and Microsoft will partner up for a hybrid Phone-Tablet-Mobile-Gaming Console. Trifold screen, built-in mic and cameras so that it's streamer ready and seamless quick resume when undocking / docking.

With that level of functionality, it'll get a pass for being less powerful than the Series X2.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's not a failure, I love mine, but I definitely see them going switch-like for their next-gen, 2nd SKU.

Samsung and Microsoft will partner up for a hybrid Phone-Tablet-Mobile-Gaming Console. Trifold screen, built-in mic and cameras so that it's streamer ready and seamless quick resume when undocking / docking.

With that level of functionality, it'll get a pass for being less powerful than the Series X2.

Why would they need Samsung for that?