Is the Wu-Tang Clans logo more recognizable than the Rolling Stones?

Is Wu's logo more recognizable than the Rolling Stones logo

• Yes

Votes: 85 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Who

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • fukk No

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Considering I didn't even know the Rolling Stones even had a logo until this thread, I'm gonna say yes :mjlol:

I've seen those lips before but didn't know it was rolling stones logo.... everyone knows what the yellow W is. And it's way beyond rap. People rep wu tang and can't name 5 members of the group.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
OP didn't ask who was more popular, but whose symbol was more recognizable. I'm going to say yes Wu Tang Wu Bat is more recognizable nowadays.
Crazy thing is walking to the subway with my kid I saw a young 20 something black girl with a RS face mask. But I'd argue at this point these are both the 2 most recognizable bsnd logos. Maybe Kiss as well.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing about the Rolling Stones logo is it's become so ubiquitous that most people walking around don't even know that it's the Rolling Stones logo. At this point it's just a common recognized logo in American culture

The Wu Tang logo is ubiquitous, but because of recency and its unique shape, it's more commonly attributed to Wu Tang

You also gotta consider that some versions of the Wu logo have the name in it

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I have no idea what the Rolling Stones Logo is off the top of my head. Without looking at the video I think it’s a mouth.

But it a lot more old white people out here so I bet more people know it.

Edit - looked it up and it is a mouth. But without the context of this thread I never would have known that was their logo.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
It's a generational thing. A LOT of poeple over 40-50 will know the rolling stones logo the way we know wu. Black and white. Worldwide.

50 and under I'd say Wu, besides most will know the lips, but couldn't name rolling stones. They'd know that W instantly and even some would guess it right

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
No. Every white millennial who knows about Wu-Tang has a parent who introduced them to the Rolling Stones first. Those same millennials haven't made their folks listen to a Wu-Tang album. In another 10 years, I might change my vote.

I remember white boys thinking Rap and Hip-Hop was just a fad back in the 90s. Today, those folks must be going crazy now that Rock Music is a dying genre, while Hip Hop is the mainstay of pop music today.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No. Every white millennial who knows about Wu-Tang has a parent who introduced them to the Rolling Stones first. Those same millennials haven't made their folks listen to a Wu-Tang album. In another 10 years, I might change my vote.

I remember white boys thinking Rap and Hip-Hop was just a fad back in the 90s. Today, those folks must be going crazy now that Rock Music is a dying genre, while Hip Hop is the mainstay of pop music today.
Yea but the thing about these logos is they've transcended the music. Some logos become that ingrained

You can go to Target and get a Wu Tang shirt:manny:

Thibk of recent years where you see all the rappers and young nikkas wearing Nirvana and Guns n Roses tees

At a certain level these discussions are about far more than the music and who heard it

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
If we’re saying who’s more popular.. we know the answer… the logo for Rolling Stones is popular but I’m not sure the common person today would recognize it (without the text)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Rolling Stones have four times as many monthly listeners on Spotify than Wu Tang, have had some of the biggest tours on a near yearly basis for decades, and nearly every boomer knows who they are. I'd say the band and the logo are more recognizable since those types of people (older white plus subsequent generations) outnumber us.