Is the Wu-Tang Clans logo more recognizable than the Rolling Stones?

Is Wu's logo more recognizable than the Rolling Stones logo

• Yes

Votes: 85 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Who

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • fukk No

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Thread comments are funny.
Can anybody here remember the first Wutang song you ever heard?
It was either Protect Your Neck or Method Man.

The first lyrics of Method Man are LITERALLY

That is fukking crazy! Mad coincidence, but also shows you how much pop culture references Meth uses. He's dope for that shyt. Always dropping names of movies or phrases from other things. This comment wins the thread lol.

METHOD MAN was the first Wu track I heard. Grade 7. We were running around quoting that track. Carving huge W's or M's into our desks.

Paint it black is my fukking jam though...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Wu are hip-hop legends, and the hood and hip hop loves them, but outside of our circles, the reality is different. Rolling Stones logo is more recognizable.
“The hood” accounts for a small portion of Wu’s fan base. They are huge in Europe/Asia

Ask people around you if they recognize the stones logo. I just looked it up and saw it before but did not know that’s their logo

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
That is fukking crazy! Mad coincidence, but also shows you how much pop culture references Meth uses. He's dope for that shyt. Always dropping names of movies or phrases from other things. This comment wins the thread lol.

METHOD MAN was the first Wu track I heard. Grade 7. We were running around quoting that track. Carving huge W's or M's into our desks.

Paint it black is my fukking jam though...

Thanks. I used the Meth reference to highlight a point that's been made in this thread about the enduring popularity of RS.
The facts point to RS being a more popular group today in 2023. Guy referenced their streaming stats being bigger than Wu's today. I pointed to article putting them as the biggest touring act on earth in 2021.
They were the biggest rock act when RUNDMC broke through to the mainstream in the 1980s. Probably among the biggest rock acts when hip hop elements were forming and coming together 50+ years ago. And still on top in 2023.
3-4 generations of people from different groups across the world have heard their songs, bought their music, or seen them perform. Including young Method Man as a kid.
Those concert receipts and streaming numbers blow up the "bu bu but only old white people know who they are" argument. And again, their logo is attached to their content and promo material.

Anybody who believes that the Wu logo is more popular does so because they want to believe that. Not because the facts support that notion.

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
“The hood” accounts for a small portion of Wu’s fan base. They are huge in Europe/Asia

Ask people around you if they recognize the stones logo. I just looked it up and saw it before but did not know that’s their logo

More people recognize the Rolling Stones. My core friends would recognize the WU.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
13stones-logo5-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

@humminbird
yeah wutang wins.

i legit thought this was the rolling stones logo. apparently thats just the magazine.
2560px-Rolling_Stone_logo.svg.png

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
Didn't Eve even know RS had a logo. Wu more well known imo though

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
He paid their DJ Allah Mathematics $400 to create it.
I know you didn't say it... But this is standard practice.

If I pay for any logo, I own it. And if it becomes the most famous thing in the world, I still own it. The designer's portion is over the moment I pay him