Is The Rock the most oversaturated Movie Star of All Time?

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
That comparison will always be jokes to me :russ:

Dude tried to come out the gate with some Kindergarden Cop/Jingle All The Way shyt (The Tooth Fairy) with no Total Recall, Terminator, or Predator under his belt. And he still doesn't have one of those!
scorpion king / conan :russ:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:laff::laff::laff:

Dude is so phony lol

All them PEDs have gone straight to his brain.

If you would lie about doing something so insignificant as this what else do u lie about lol

I don’t fukk with Rogan, but I watched the Rock’s episode hoping he would keep it real for once. All the wrassling guys usually have great stories, but Dwayne is such a phony that he couldn’t break his fake Hollywood image.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Has the Rock ever played a villain? I wonder if he would ever consider it. I don't really fukk with most of his movies as the Jungle Cruise was the last movie I saw him in.
Yea he eventually turned into the villain in that shytty ass Doom movie :mjlol:

Last edited:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Watch it then come talk to me srs..no troll.. that is the Rock's best movie to date.

He needs a pure action movie with less than 10 mins of dialog. Just have him shooting guns and killing shyt realistically. And then in the final act have him geaux hand to hand with the Predator. It can be done and having a cast around him can be dope esp of he is the heavy hitter in the death squad.

Would be nice to finally see the underlings survive movies like that. It's always the Leader that survives.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
You haven't seen Faster
He barely had lines in that shyt, just breathed hard showed up to people's job, shot them and left. No personality or real presence at all. Billy Bob Thorton's character was more interesting than him and he was a crooked cop, trying to keep his family together.
What's confusing is the Rock had way more personality when he was a wrestler and barely getting paid. You'd think he be taking on different roles showing some sort of personality but its the same dry shyt over and over. From what I'm hearing it sounds like Hollywood is fed up with him as well. He aint getting those production deals and movies greenlit like he did 5-6 years ago. The Black Adam fiasco put off a lot of studios from doing business with him.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
He barely had lines in that shyt, just breathed hard showed up to people's job, shot them and left. No personality at all. Billy Bob Thorton's character was more interesting than him and he was a crooked cop, trying to keep his family together.
What's confusing is the Rock had way more personality when he was a wrestler and barely getting paid. You'd think he be taking on different roles showing some sort of personality but its the same dry shyt over and over.
That's the point. When he has 0 dialogue his movies are amazing. No disrespect to The Rock...if he not wrestling or talking working out or just motivational shyt he sucks as a thespian. But...if he sticks to pure action flicks he can be a GOAT.

Just make him the heavy artillery Samoan soldier i.e Billy in Orig Predator that is the lone survivor. Billy had like 4 mins of dialog the entire movie. The Rock can do that easy.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
That's the point. When he has 0 dialogue his movies are amazing. No disrespect to The Rock...if he not wrestling or talking working out or just motivational shyt he sucks as a thespian. But...if he sticks to pure action flicks he can be a GOAT.

Just make him the heavy artillery Samoan soldier i.e Billy in Orig Predator that is the lone survivor. Billy had like 4 mins of dialog the entire movie. The Rock can do that easy.
First off no he can't. He's proven that over the years he can't even do that.
Look at movies Arnold was in when he was starting out and barely had lines. Hell look at Terminator. Arnold had screen presence even though he barely had lines and was legit scary. Even though he barely spoke he had different facial expressions and hell it got to a point where you believed he was a cyborg.
The Rock has a 1 take face and looks the same in every movie. No type of stand out movie, no famous quotes, no classic scenes and he been doing this shyt for about 20 years now. His action movies are even lackluster. The only movies I really even like from him are The Rundown (2003) (which is his best movie IMO that shows some kind of emotion) and Walking Tall.
The problem is the Rock has no presence or personality anymore and he flat out can't act or rather can't act anymore. His movies are lazy and scripts are weak and he's just going for cash grabs now.
I heard he's supposed to be playing the Samoan character from Moana in a live movie adaptation. Good luck with that but you know it's gonna be more of the same heavy breathing bullshyt and flexing.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Nah man look at movies Arnold was in when he was starting out and barely had lines. Hell look at Terminator. Arnold had screen presence even though he barely had lines and was legit scary. Even though he barely spoke he had different facial expressions and hell it got to a point where you believed he was a cyborg.
The Rock has a 1 take face and looks the same in every movie. No type of stand out movie, no famous quotes, no classic scenes and he been doing this shyt for about 20 years now. His action movies are even lackluster. The only movies I really even like from him are The Rundown (2003) (which is his best movie IMO that shows some kind of emotion) and Walking Tall.
The problem is the Rock has no presence or personality anymore and he flat out can't act or rather can't act anymore. His movies are lazy and scripts are weak and he's just going for cash grabs now.
I heard he's supposed to be playing the Samoan character from Moana in a live movie adaptation. Good luck with that but you know it's gonna be more of the same heavy breathing bullshyt and flexing.
Arnold, he had 0 facial expressions...stop it. Faster shyts on all the movies you listed.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Arnold, he had 0 facial expressions...stop it. Faster shyts on all the movies you listed.
But he had a presence on screen and you believed him to be a killer cyborg. What's so special about Faster that you like? The goofy failed John Wick/Wack assassin acting like he was in love with The Rock b/c he kicked his ass and almost killed him? :mjlol:

Like I said the best thing about that movie was Billy Bob's character. It had nothing to do with the Rock.

Edit:
Actually the Adewale had the best scene in the movie.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
But he had a presence on screen and you believed him to be a killer cyborg. What's so special about Faster that you like? The goofy failed John Wick/Wack assassin acting like he was in love with The Rock b/c he kicked his ass and almost killed him? :mjlol:

Like I said the best thing about that movie was Billy Bob's character. It had nothing to do with the Rock.

Edit:
Actually the Adewale had the best scene in the movie.

The kills was full body and he didn't give a shyt if he got killed cause he wanted vengeance. The scene in the office and hospital was GOAT action flicks....

:mjtf:yall gonna stop shytting on The Rock and Keanu Reeves gets a pass.

This muthafukka Keanu Reeves is literally only two characters in his cinema CV....Ted or some half ass attempt to act....that's it.

John Wick back to the Earth Stand Stood...they the same character.

:gucci:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The kills was full body and he didn't give a shyt if he got killed cause he wanted vengeance. The scene in the office and hospital was GOAT action flicks....

:mjtf:yall gonna stop shytting on The Rock and Keanu Reeves gets a pass.

This muthafukka Keanu Reeves is literally only two characters in his cinema CV....Ted or some half ass attempt to act....that's it.

John Wick back to the Earth Stand Stood...they the same character.

:gucci:
I never in my life said Keanu was a great actor or pretended to be one but Keanu has classics. That can't be denied. He works with what he has and leaves a presence on screen to have him spoken about in that way. The John Wick franchise is goated for the choreography alone and gun work which he actually trained for. Just name me something in the same stratosphere as JW from the Rock......I'll wait....
He can't start a franchise on his own, he has to piggyback on others, and then tries to do side solo deals with his production company and still fails
That hospital scene was the basic as fukk. He walked in the surgery room shot the guy and left and got into a shoot out with Billy Bob let him go and just walked away. No choreography just shooting and walking forward and goes to his car and drives off. shyt was lame.

Constantine>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any Rock movie