Is the Midwest more racist than the South?

King Poetic

W.A.R.(We Are Relentless)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Upstate New York shouldn't even considered as New York...

shyt should be called little Mississippi...

With New York City it comes more into education and money type of racism...

When I visit my sister I see more dislike among Dominicans, Puerto Ricans and Haitians

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
:gucci:I don't know what ya brehs are talking about, never personally felt any racism in Minneapolis.
White folks generally just keep to themselves, plus you can get any job you want in this state from Mayor to CEO of any of these fortune 500 companies like 3M and Target.:wow:
Same. But I know this city has a bunch of those white librul types thats not extremely racist but keep they shyt on the lowskie and don't know they being racist. Its weird. That said chicago is racist as shyta and I imagine backwoods ass cities in the MW are full of racist folk but I wouldn't so any more than any other region. I'm more afraid of the police here than any cac I come in contact with.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Michigan native and I would say so. But, in Michigan - we can ignore eachother. I know when I go home and have to go to the grocery store - they think they can walk in the middle of the aisle and think I'm going to move. Naw. I also make them say excuse me. I do it politely - but I will let them know it needs to be said.

Also, the white people in Michigan tend to be white trash to me - so I take it as jealously.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
Upstate New York shouldn't even considered as New York...

shyt should be called little Mississippi...

With New York City it comes more into education and money type of racism...

When I visit my sister I see more dislike among Dominicans, Puerto Ricans and Haitians

Pretty much.

No where in the Midwest is more racist than upstate new York and central and western pa so the answer to the op's question is no

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Cats forget down south Blacks and Whites have been around each other for 400 years. In a twisted way, there is familiarity and a bond after so long, your fam knows their fam, etc.
One can argue that's why we produce so much c00ns down here also. Because Blacks have become so buddy-buddy with Whites who still practice overt racism, even if it's on a small scale and will hand out passes to Whites who they see as "Family "

One

Moreese Bickham with the pistol
Daps
The midwest is overlooked or disregarded because they don't really have Black people playing sports, correlation doesn't imply causation, but it's rare for anybody in america even Black people to care about cities and states that don't have professional or division 1 sports teams.

Take a city like Omaha, Nebraska
Incarceration/Health
Black people comprise 4% of the state populous but 21% of the state prison populous, 35% of HIV/AIDS cases
Recently reinstated capital punishment in 2016 just to execute a single prisoner, Public enemy #1 Nikko Jenkins

Economics
In the mid 2000's the unemployment rate for Black people was 17%, ranking 8th highest in the entire nation.
Reported 6/10 Black children living in poverty.
Ernie Chambers remaining the only Black member of the state legislature over the course of 35 years.
19% of Black of African Americans attaining a bachelors of higher.
Non hispanic white households earning a median $47,100 income, Black households earning $28,400
Black of African Americans earning $15,077 per capita

Race
Map on racial distribution in Omaha
(Red dots are concentrations of Black people)
tumblr_mt93bpMLUT1qkkimso1_1280.jpg

Articles on desegregating area schools after the mandatory bussing program ended in 1999 that garnered national media attention
Plan for Omaha Schools Raises Segregation Concerns
http://prospect.org/article/segregation-nation
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/15/us/15omaha.html?mcubz=0
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/apr/15/usa.schoolsworldwide

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Racism is worse in the Midwest cause in many of those states there are next to no black people there and just oversaturated with white people who've never seen non-whites before or see them rarely. Like in many midwestern states you can drive for hours and not see a non-white face. Therefore their racism goes largely unchecked.

Yeah cosign. Most of the Midwest is racist as fukk. But Iowa to me, whether it was Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, or Des Moines, wasn't really racist when I was there :manny:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
MY EXPERIENCE..... I LIVE IN LOS ANGELES... SO WHEN I DRIVE TO CLEVELAND, OHIO OR TO WESTCHESTER COUNTY, IN NEW YORK CITY TO VISIT FAM I HAD THE WORST EXPERIENCES UP NORTH THAN DOWN SOUTH

LEAVING CALIFORNIA NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER TAKE INTERSTATE 80 GOING THROUGH THESE PLACES ( LOOK AT THE MAP )...

i-80-map.gif

usa-major-cities-2016.jpg

I love Iowa City and Des Moines :blessed:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Crazy part is that Chicago was founded by a Black man named, Jean Baptiste Pointe du Sable.

This country was built off the backs of Blacks, Native Americans, and immigrants. While Europeans did create SOME inventions the backbone of this country has always been us Blacks and others.

Europeans/white didn't create ANYTHING. Read the history. I never believe anything that comes out of a culture vulture's mouth