Is the generally accepted speed of light is wrong.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It's been generally accepted that the speed of light is 299,792,458 meters per second in a vaccum.

The problem with that is gravity. Gravity can slow down, move and bend light. Eisenstein's theory of relativity was proven during a solar eclipse (they observed the suns gravity warping the starlight behind it).

Every object with mass in the universe exerts gravity. The sun, the planets, comets, moons, asteroid's etc. So wouldn't that gravity influence the light photons as they move. Even on earth, everything gives off gravitational interference, so wouldn't that impact measuring the speed of light? Especially once you include antimatter, dark matter and dark energy which also may influence photons.

So one can argue, that it's impossible to measure the speed of light. Not to mention that it's never been measured in one direction.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
You can't even make the thread title make sense. But we're supposed to listen to you about this :mjlol:

Gravity doesn't slow light it bends it.

SO black holes don't slow light, it merely bends it? Ok

But lets say what you're babbling is true. When you bend something moving or redirect it, even for a fraction of a microsecond, you're still slowing it down.

But you're wrong. Light slows down all the time. It slows down in water for example.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Gravity isn't the problem. The problem is relativity. Since we don't know the speed of light in one direction, it is perfectly acceptable to say light travels at one speed in one direction, but a different speed on return to the observer due to the stuff mentioned in OP. Combining those speeds yields the same accepted speed value, C, objectively.​

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Y'all cant even come to an agreement on all this nonsense:mjlol:

And LOL at a solar eclipse proving relativity. Straight up gibberish

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Gravity isn't the problem. The problem is relativity. Since we don't know the speed of light in one direction, it is perfectly acceptable to say light travels at one speed in one direction, but a different speed on return to the observer. Combining those speeds yields the same accepted speed value, C, objectively.​

but that's the point. It shouldn't be accepted if it's wrong. But the beauty of science is that nothing is absolute. It make take 100 years or 1000 years. Eventually, the true speed will be revealed. But I think the current value is way off.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
A Flat Earther can offer nothing to this conversation as they don't comprehend simple math or geometry and have yet to create a model of their flying space pizza that can show how observable phenomena are possible on it without having to create one for EACH phenomena.​

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
but that's the point. It shouldn't be accepted if it's wrong.

You would have to prove it to be wrong and, sorry, trying to poke holes in established physics just doesn't prove anything.

That, however, is what drives science. The answer we have, now, works. If better information comes along, it'll change.​

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Y'all cant even come to an agreement on all this nonsense:mjlol:

And LOL at a solar eclipse proving relativity. Straight up gibberish

It's the only time you can see stars that are behind the sun. The sun's gravity redirects the light dummy. And then there's gravitational Like has stars/galaxy warp the light from other stars/galaxy's behind it.

Gravitational-lensing-galaxyApril12_2010-1024x768.jpg

220px-Black_hole_lensing_web.gif

005213_10_fig1.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
It's the only time you can see stars that are behind the sun. The sun's gravity redirects the light dummy. And then there's gravitational Like has stars/galaxy warp the light from other stars/galaxy's behind it.

Gravitational-lensing-galaxyApril12_2010-1024x768.jpg

220px-Black_hole_lensing_web.gif

005213_10_fig1.jpg
Show me a real picture of a camera staring into a solar eclipse(LOL) and capturing the stars behind the sun "bending"

Dont post anymore CGI renderings. Real pics/photos only please

I'll wait

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
You would have to prove it to be wrong and, sorry, trying to poke holes in established physics just doesn't prove anything.

That, however, is what drives science. The answer we have, now, works. If better information comes along, it'll change.​

I probably could, but my math sucks :manny: For all we know, light doesn't "travel freely". it's merely getting pulled by gravity. And black holes are the only things strong enough to pull it all the way to a complete stop.

But when Photons hit your eyes, does the light keep moving or does it just pass through you body and keep going? Basically without gravity or some other unknown force like dark matter, does light even travel at all by itself? And the universe is expanding faster than light so what's pulling it? Gravity?

I think there is very little that we know about the universe at this point, and everything is best guess speculation. We have to do better as a species :scusthov:

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
SO black holes don't slow light, it merely bends it? Ok

But lets say what you're babbling is true. When you bend something moving or redirect it, even for a fraction of a microsecond, you're still slowing it down.

But you're wrong. Light slows down all the time. It slows down in water for example.
all you had to do was Google it..

Certain materials can slow light. It's been done but not by gravity

A black hole doesn't slow down the speed of light. Because the geodesics of space-time are so curved around the horizon, the light cannot escape because its path become close to circular, so it keeps rotating around the black hole horizon.Nov 6, 2014