Is the Film Room into Westerns?

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
If so what are your favorites.

Once upon a time in the west is the shiznet but aslo is the good the bad and the ugly.

The cowboys with John Wayne is aight too.
as much as i love westerns i never got into john wayne movies.
was he really that great????
if yes, which of his movies would you suggest to novice of his movies???
:feedme:

sun raw

All Star
Daps
I fukking hate John Wayne so as a result, I never got into John Ford movies. There are some great classic westerns though, like High Noon, Johnny Guitar (sort of stretching the definition of classic western there). Spaghetti westerns are great of course. Everyone's into Leone but there's also Sergio Corbucci, directed original Django and The Great Silence.

Then there's weird other foreign stuff worth watching, like The Good, the Bad, and the Weird, Tears of the Black Tiger, Black God, White Devil. The genre's varied enough that I think most people will find at least one movie to like.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Hell yes.

Rio Bravo
Tombstone
Unforgiven
The Man with no name trilogy
3:10 to Yuma remake
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Silverado
Quick and the Dead
and fukk what you think, Blazing Saddles is not only a good comedy but a good western as well

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
as much as i love westerns i never got into john wayne movies.
was he really that great????
if yes, which of his movies would you suggest to novice of his movies???
:feedme:
Actually I don't know much about john Wayne movies... he comes off as cheesy to me but I liked that cowboys movie, it was about older kids for the most part.. Maybe there is some i don't know about

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unforgiven and Rio Bravo tied for GOAT westerns of all time. not a fan of the genre though, but every once in a while something will come through and catch my attention. 3:10 to Yuma was the last dope western I peeped.

One4Deuce

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Minnesota
Not huge into the genre but really liked 3:10 to Yuma, both the original and remake of True Grit, The Assassination of Jesse James... and Unforgiven.