Is the defense legit? I guess we will find out on our own McCord: Official 2023 of THE Ohio State Buckeyes Thread

Expectations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
@OSUBaneBrowns As far as players who have called out Day about the team---enough is enough. I read Dale's book about coming in as a 3rd string to win the championship in 14'/15'. Urban was a legit tyrant lol. He told a story about one of the 1st days Urban arrived, the players showed up to the facilities and the doors were locked. He told them mfs they were practicing outside for the foreseeable future until they earned the right to practice inside. He also talked of how they had a very yin and yang type of relationship where Urban kind of disregarded him since he was technically Tress' recruit and how Urb & the other coaches just kept demanding he stay ready either way. Everyone from Tom Herman to even his teammates, just pushing him to mature.

Funny thing though. As much as you get the sense that he really can't stand Urban, he still has him write outtakes for his book so you can tell the tough love worked to a degree.

@DropTopDoc can talk about only winning twice in however many years but aside from Saban/Bama, UGA (recent), Clemson (Recent) and Urban's Florida teams, who else can say they've been in the mix like that? And besides that, guys like Tress & Urb set standards whether they were winning chips or not. B1G Chips + steppin' on ya rival + personal play. Imagine some of these guys putting on some of these performances on an INDIVIDUAL level or not being prepared. Mannn.

I talk wit my ole lady about it sometimes as it reminds me of parenting. You have one side leaning too far into modern progression with "gentle parenting", being in touch and then you have the other side probably leaning too far into the extreme of "belt to ass" approach cuz its all we know from generational experience (same wit old school coaching) but all the greats usually had some demanding a$$hole pullin' it out of em whether they liked it or not. Now maybe u split the baby by being somewhere in between but there's been too many accounts of niccas not really being afraid of Day like that. Not afraid if they mess up. And it sounds fukked up but I'm sorry, u need to be, a little bit at least. Do your f'n job as another GOAT (Belichick) would say.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Going to be ass next year :snoop:

Feel sorry for my lil bro Aaron Scott

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
@OSUBaneBrowns As far as players who have called out Day about the team---enough is enough. I read Dale's book about coming in as a 3rd string to win the championship in 14'/15'. Urban was a legit tyrant lol. He told a story about one of the 1st days Urban arrived, the players showed up to the facilities and the doors were locked. He told them mfs they were practicing outside for the foreseeable future until they earned the right to practice inside. He also talked of how they had a very yin and yang type of relationship where Urban kind of disregarded him since he was technically Tress' recruit and how Urb & the other coaches just kept demanding he stay ready either way. Everyone from Tom Herman to even his teammates, just pushing him to mature.

Funny thing though. As much as you get the sense that he really can't stand Urban, he still has him write outtakes for his book so you can tell the tough love worked to a degree.

@DropTopDoc can talk about only winning twice in however many years but aside from Saban/Bama, UGA (recent), Clemson (Recent) and Urban's Florida teams, who else can say they've been in the mix like that? And besides that, guys like Tress & Urb set standards whether they were winning chips or not. B1G Chips + steppin' on ya rival + personal play. Imagine some of these guys putting on some of these performances on an INDIVIDUAL level or not being prepared. Mannn.

I talk wit my ole lady about it sometimes as it reminds me of parenting. You have one side leaning too far into modern progression with "gentle parenting", being in touch and then you have the other side probably leaning too far into the extreme of "belt to ass" approach cuz its all we know from generational experience (same wit old school coaching) but all the greats usually had some demanding a$$hole pullin' it out of em whether they liked it or not. Now maybe u split the baby by being somewhere in between but there's been too many accounts of niccas not really being afraid of Day like that. Not afraid if they mess up. And it sounds fukked up but I'm sorry, u need to be, a little bit at least. Do your f'n job as another GOAT (Belichick) would say.
No one is saying that Day needs to be a tyrant and treat the players like crap to win. But he needs to clean up his coaching staff and put the mentality in everyone heads to there is a standard to keep at OSU and they are not living up to it, including him. Have to be able to communicate that message with the correct coaching methods that are acceptable in today's society. Saban is doing it at 70+, so there is no reason why Day can't do it when he is getting paid a big amount to compete with him. Big programs have very high expectations and will not settle for less. Ryan needs to get with the program, adjust or leave all together.

Going to be ass next year :snoop:

Feel sorry for my lil bro Aaron Scott
We just have to go to the bat cave for a while and figure out what wrong and hopefully correct it for next season. Just don't think about them for now because that what I'm going to do.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
@OSUBaneBrowns Right. U can show compassion & care about mental health while setting firm expectations at the same time with a healthy consequence/corrective method to resolve niccas slippin'.

I'm on that same wave tho---on sum we'll see what it is when niccas come up outta tha offseason lab but fukk it for now. Is what it is. We all see it in broad day tho (no pun)

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
@OSUBaneBrowns @Trav

Y’all keep talking standard and i keep pointing out, a fluke pi in 02 and a dominant zeke in 15 and y’all have nothing else, and I’m not slighting the chips, but come on y’all don’t run off chips every year, for all the hoopla of urban, he got vaporized by Clemson and includes losses to Purdue Iowa Penn st, and Michigan st

Day has replaced defensive coaches and went from top 10 defense to another top 10 defense,

When you make a run sometimes you survive and luck out on things i can think of two instances in urbans run

I can think of a couple in the sweater vests runs (which also included him getting his ass spanked by a few team on the road to a nc)

The standard ain’t undefeated every season

And obtaining talent in this new landscape ain’t exactly easy but you literally top 5 recruiting, maybe you not getting a ton of super men but you getting talent

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
@DropTopDoc

U still missin' that point. And u highkey hatin too u insurance fraud committing mf but I'ma get 2 that later cuz u bout to piss me off talkin' bout sum fluke chips :ufdup: .

The standard is individual/group (by position) consistency and success, whether that results in a chip or not. The standard is also recruiting which is actually starting to slip blue chip wise and lately being propped up by one single entity that is known as THE Brian Hartline's WR room.

His record against top teams and/or playoff games is starting to slip too so again, if that's the kind of bullshyt y'all can accept, then gon ahead & do dat den. We not doing dat ova here bruh..say what u want about being disillusioned by our "dominance" or whatever but 1 thing for certain is we had the B1G on lock for a longgg time before the recent yrs even wit Urban's lil slips up. And there were multiple chip appearances in both eras so don't just talk about the dubs..urb and tress were gettin' there to have the shot too..

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
@Trav i hear ya, i think y’all jumping the gun, but i understand wanting get some straightening, but it’s only so much tinkering you can do before you fukk around and fukk up the whole operation, yall nikkas are there, and that’s about what you can ask for

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Gotdamn Urban :russ:

At least he was setting a standard

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
@DropTopDoc I see the argument for #bothsides . I see a path for him to be kept and keep chippin' away and I see a path where OSU is not the job for you to work out all the kinks of your *final boss* head coaching where you're putting it altogether so u gotta go.

And like I said, I'm not opposed to either scenario but thankfully I don't get paid the big bucks to make these decisions. It's tough.

I just know, that recently, I've seen some of the worst play I've ever seen in my life (no exaggeration) from the following positions over the past few years give or take:

LB (they did good this yr)
CBs (did good this yr)
Safeties
OL
DEs (more like avg than worse but still)
ST

Bout the only thing that's been consistent under the current regime IS the skill positions and that shyt is unacceptable. We all know da game is won in the trenches.

Of course u don't legit do anything unless h have a guarantee from a mf like Vrabel or somebody else of caliber but all I'm saying and been saying is u don't take it off the table...

Last edited:

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
@OSUBaneBrowns @Trav

Y’all keep talking standard and i keep pointing out, a fluke pi in 02 and a dominant zeke in 15 and y’all have nothing else, and I’m not slighting the chips, but come on y’all don’t run off chips every year, for all the hoopla of urban, he got vaporized by Clemson and includes losses to Purdue Iowa Penn st, and Michigan st

Day has replaced defensive coaches and went from top 10 defense to another top 10 defense,

When you make a run sometimes you survive and luck out on things i can think of two instances in urbans run

I can think of a couple in the sweater vests runs (which also included him getting his ass spanked by a few team on the road to a nc)

The standard ain’t undefeated every season

And obtaining talent in this new landscape ain’t exactly easy but you literally top 5 recruiting, maybe you not getting a ton of super men but you getting talent
The standard at OSU is beating scUM, winning the B1G championship and competing for a national championship. Day has failed in the last three years in completing those tasks and deserve to be called out for it. Line play is not up to par, he blunder the QB situation this year and special teams have been piss poor for the last few seasons. We all know that OSU cannot play for the championship every year but we at least should feel that we are close to it. Right now, we all see that the product on the field is not the same as in the past and have every right to called Ryan ass out for it. Have to nip it in the bud or get someone who can fix these problems ASAP.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Gotdamn Urban :russ:

At least he was setting a standard

Mannn I already knew Urban was a menace but u let Dale tell it and dis nicca was the spawn of Satan :mjlol: . But again, those kind of coaches (Urban, Saban, Belichick, Kirby to a degree even) seem to get the best out of kids. Dale was sayin' players couldn't even really talk to Urb like that fr tho. U had to go thru middlemen unless u fukked up like him and his Tweet then u were gettin' sent directly to the man himself 🤣

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
Mannn I already knew Urban was a menace but u let Dale tell it and dis nicca was the spawn of Satan :mjlol: . But again, those kind of coaches (Urban, Saban, Belichick, Kirby to a degree even) seem to get the best out of kids. Dale was sayin' players couldn't even really talk to Urb like that fr tho. U had to go thru middlemen unless u fukked up like him and his Tweet then u were gettin' sent directly to the man himself 🤣
Sometimes you have the put the fear of God into someone before they start acting right :yeshrug: :demonic:.

Not saying that I condone it but some people are just wired where they will only listen/respect to you when you show dominance over them.