Is the defense legit? I guess we will find out on our own McCord: Official 2023 of THE Ohio State Buckeyes Thread

Expectations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
Woke up feeling like

OSU by 20

Buckeyes by 30

THE Ohio State 4ever

s86D3no.png
Let's end the season on a positive note and make the necessary adjustments during the off-season for another run.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Let's end the season on a positive note and make the necessary adjustments during the off-season for another run.
All eyes will be on Devin Brown more than anyone else. A lot of pressure on him, but he’ll need to play through that if he’s to be the guy. I think most of the top portal QBs are waiting to pick a school to see what he does during the game what we do as a result.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
All eyes will be on Devin Brown more than anyone else. A lot of pressure on him, but he’ll need to play through that if he’s to be the guy. I think most of the top portal QBs are waiting to pick a school to see what he does during the game what we do as a result.

The thing is

We had a whole QB battle earlier this year and we seen what he is

If I'm gonna be mad at Day for anything it's his trepidation about going out and getting a real QB.

This pisses me off more than losing to scUM( which I feel is a direct reason for our overall struggles)

Get a rental until Air Nolad is ready and stop letting the best guys get snatched up!! :gucci:

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
The thing is

If I'm gonna be mad at Day for anything it's his trepidation about going out and getting a real QB.

This pisses me off more than losing to scUM( which I feel is a direct reason for our overall struggles)

Get a rental until Air Nolad is ready and stop letting the best guys get snatched up!! :gucci:
Understandable but you have to realize that some of the transfer QBs want more than what they are worth on the field. Have to be patient but I do agree that if Brown couldn't beat out McCord, then he is not a major improvement long term for the team.

MustafaSTL

Daps
The thing is

Well, one of the reasons McCord won was because he was more “steady” to start the season, especially given that we had an early season big road game against ND. But his biggest issue was that he didn’t improve the way you normally saw out of our QBs under Day. Brown didn’t win the job early, but nothing says that he couldn’t have improved his game throughout the season, especially considering he’s a year younger than McCord so presumably he has more room to grow (pause). None of the portal QBs to me screams out that we should clear out our QB room other than Air like we did with Fields.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Understandable but you have to realize that some of the transfer QBs want more than what they are worth on the field. Have to be patient but I do agree that if Brown couldn't beat out McCord, then he is not a major improvement long term for the team.

It's a lose/lose fr. I mean, aside from if we win. But for the perception of Day---it's like, if DB ball out of his mind then why didn't he win the comp anyway? Especially when their were rumors the staff was split on who to pick and he pulled the big boy 'House of Congress decision and picked KM. If DB looks pedestrian then it's kind of like how did you allow 2 QBs of this caliber onto the roster at The Ohio State. At this point, we can only just hope for a good game, and not worry about all of the extra noise and hope DB has a moment he won't forget (in a good way) regardless of if he's the starter going into next year or not.

MustafaSTL

Daps
It's a lose/lose fr. I mean, aside from if we win. But for the perception of Day---it's like, if DB ball out of his mind then why didn't he win the comp anyway? Especially when their were rumors the staff was split on who to pick and he pulled the big boy 'House of Congress decision and picked KM. If DB looks pedestrian then it's kind of like how did you allow 2 QBs of this caliber onto the roster at The Ohio State. At this point, we can only just hope for a good game, and not worry about all of the extra noise and hope DB has a moment he won't forget (in a good way) regardless of if he's the starter going into next year or not.
Yeah I’ve seen the “if DB balls out Day must have made a mistake” narrative. But we all saw the first two games and mostly everyone came to the same conclusion that McCord was the best option that time. Can’t play hindsight with that. But asking a good segment of this fan base to be reasonable with that approach is asking a lot.

MustafaSTL

Daps

From what I read he’s not being given a guaranteed starting job. Still pretty interesting.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

I think Kyle got a bad deal, every kid can’t come in and explode as the season progresses, but you see he was winning, it felt like the bill was going to come due on this team at some point, and literally one bad drive from a perfect season and buddy in upper New York now