Is the defense legit? I guess we will find out on our own McCord: Official 2023 of THE Ohio State Buckeyes Thread

Expectations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
:snoop: that man was trippin, but maybe he thought that’s what he needs to say to be a HC is my only thought, i also ain’t know my nikka a ski man

How you ain't know?? I blew his spot up in the game thread wit Penn St when he was blowing snot bubbles and somebody was like "I bet he married a white woman" and I did the Googles to confirm. That mf is a bonafide white walker GOT be damned:gucci:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
How you ain't know?? I blew his spot up in the game thread wit Penn St when he was blowing snot bubbles and somebody was like "I bet he married a white woman" and I did the Googles to confirm. That mf is a bonafide white walker GOT be damned:gucci:

Nah i ain’t know that, welp…. Like as we win, I’ll be legally blind to his other bs

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
This game doesn’t affect me like any other Buckeye game. This is what it is. Defense stood up. We didn’t have a pass game with Lincoln who has basically never played before. Only frustration is not getting to see what we got out of Devin for a full game. We got one whole ass quarter.

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
This game doesn’t affect me like any other Buckeye game. This is what it is. Defense stood up. We didn’t have a pass game with Lincoln who has basically never played before. Only frustration is not getting to see what we got out of Devin for a full game. We got one whole ass quarter.
This program is at a crossroads right now. There needs to be some major changes in the offseason with some coaches, personnel and culture because it's slipping away. I'm going to focus on my Browns right now and deal with this sh1t once spring practice begins . Get it together Day or get the fukk out :ufdup:!!!

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
This program is at a crossroads right now. There needs to be some major changes in the offseason with some coaches, personnel and culture because it's slipping away. I'm going to focus on my Browns right now and deal with this sh1t once spring practice begins . Get it together Day or get the fukk out :ufdup:!!!
Yeah I'm losing trust in dude.

He's trending the wrong way in many different categories.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Yeah I'm losing trust in dude.

He's trending the wrong way in many different categories.

He makes some odd decisions in critical moments, but dude lost 3 games the past 3 seasons (not counting the uga loss) a fg away from being in the nc, your team is littered with 5 stars, and more are coming. I don’t think you understand the sheer luck in not missing on a qb for over 2 decades, and if we being honest Kyle wasn’t bad, he just wasn’t some exceptional dude, he was a great dude, yall panicking

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
He makes some odd decisions in critical moments, but dude lost 3 games the past 3 seasons (not counting the uga loss) a fg away from being in the nc, your team is littered with 5 stars, and more are coming. I don’t think you understand the sheer luck in not missing on a qb for over 2 decades, and if we being honest Kyle wasn’t bad, he just wasn’t some exceptional dude, he was a great dude, yall panicking

That may sound good and be cool for y'all....but not here. This shyt is big business for a reason breh. In football and everywhere else, you pay people the kind of 💰 these mfs get to catch ish before shyt happens, not when it happens.

So if the train is slipping off the tracks & it doesn't look like the conductor has a way of getting you back on, shyt gotta be done. Day doesn't have the clout or cache to keep sitting here and saying "let it pan out".

I'm not even advocating for him to be fired nor saying I would have a backup plan. But I do know you can keep hangin' ya hat on "he was 1 FG away from a championship appearance & likely win" or waxing poetic about QB luck.

Fact of the matter is, the UGA & Clemson revenge games could be outliers....For all we know he could be the Kyle Mccord of coaching. Good enough for elsewhere but maybe not exceptional enough for here.

There's too many engine codes on the dash right now. The fact Parker Fleming still has a job when we've had ST bullshyt for the past few years (niccas out here calling a fair catch at the 5). That entire QB room this year and lack of creativity and commitment on OFF from what's supposed to be an offensive wizard and QB guru/whisperer. Whatever tf they call that "Oline" being trotted out. Not really having any pass rush since the Bosa's & Chase left. LB play until this last yr.

There's been weakness in damn near every room since he's taken over but the one room you could count on is the QBs but now even that is questionable. The standard is slipping and you don't wait until it's completely gone to get rid of the issue...

Again, not saying fire him but not saying don't start kicking tires elsewhere or telling Boosters to start getting the 💰 's together either.

Can't allow certain shyt to foster breh. The trend is 📉 and that's unacceptable at the end of the day.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
@Trav

Reading your response

I mean the fg away was year before last,

Hitting on qbs is hard man, I’m not sure if he’s not doing a good job of evaluating I’m not in the room, but he literally looked at Kyle after the season and said that ain’t it chief so he’s not resting on his laurels

Getting generational talent means you gotta go check for check with Nick Kirby and everyone else and sometimes their ain’t enough money (but maybe quit going after every 5 star wr every cycle) that i can say he is fukkin up in but he just locked down Noland

And i know it’s going to sound silly saying this but in 02 things broke right, and 15 you took it, but y’all have had 2 chips in 20 plus years, that’s good, y’all not exactly known for running them off year in and out, and if you get rid of day, who’s better out there ???

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
@DropTopDoc Now I know you can read on account of all the reading you had to do for those NBCE's so I know you saw where I said I haven't the slightest clue of who to replace him with :ufdup: but you still don't completely take it off the table :mjtf: . Ya just don't---not at a place like OSU.

Now, I will say Vrabel seems to be a common name that keeps poppin' up and as a Titans fan I wouldn't be opposed even though he has his own suspect coaching tendencies (I.e., promoting bums from within) and allegedly doesn't like to recruit so there's that.

And he didn't stand on biz wit Km. Lol homie & his dad pulled up and asked for assurances and got told no, that's it. Day ain't just walk up to em and be like "not good enough, your prob done here" or something. And if the so called portal QBs we've been attached to (Ward, Howard) are an indication of further evaluation then uhhhh that's shaky too cuz both of them are pedestrian 🚷.

You can't always play the "it could be worse game" tho. How else would you have gotten Mrs Doc?? You'd prob still be wit that Midwestern belle who broke your heart but still cooked, cleaned and made sure u was drained every night
full
but then she mismanaging the money, enabling ya kids, & coming in at 5am on weeknights.

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
At the end of the day, OSU is run like most major 500 companies. The standard is the standard and sh1t is going to get called out if they are not living up to it. The foundation that Tressel and Meyer built is showing cracks and everyone who have watched this program can see it with our own two eyes. We even have former players called out Day on social media stating that the team doesn't looked the same. He states that he is going to look at everything this offseason but he also need to look within himself to see if he is built for this. There is no reason for the offensive line to look that inept last night. Yes, losing Honda to the transfer pool, then Brown early in the game does fukk up your game plan but there should be a better contingency plan than what they show last night. The defense can only do so much and when the offense give you nothing to work with, it was only be a matter of time that they broke and that what happen last night.

They cannot be cheap with certain positions in the NIL. Bama and the rest of these southern schools have no problem with paying for it so if OSU wants to stay competitive with them, they have to pay up. Have to get rid of dead weight coaches next week and have a transition plan for Larry Johnson since this has to be his last season coming up. He bunder the last QB class with McCord and Brown, have to get a transfer QB who may be able to hold the fort down for a year if Air is not ready by September. Need a QB who can be somewhat mobile if our tackles can block for more than 2 seconds. We cannot go back to the Cooper era especially since we got USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington coming into the conference next season a long with the expanded playoffs which going to make sh1t much harder to win a chip. You have to be irrational if you want greatness and we are going to be hard on Day or any other coach if they don't bring greatness to OSU. He likes getting that $9M paycheck every year, so he needs to deal with the scrutiny that comes with it. If he wants to lead a mediocre program, then he can take his ass to Indiana, Minny, Rutgers or and other mid tier program when they will kiss his ass for a 8 to 11 winning season. That sh1t is barely the base line over here and we are not going to apologize for wanting this team to be great every damn year with all of the resources that the school gives him. Get better or get the fukk out!!!