Is The Cobra Theme From GI Joe The Movie The Hardest Theme Ever?

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
loved whenever they showed this movie when I was a kid in the late 80s/early 90s on Fox....whenever it came on I was :popcorn: in front of my parents 18 inch tube screen in the dining room like it was brand new no matter how many times it came on....then I went to school and couldn't wait for part 2 the next morning while I had my rice krispies before I had to get to the corner when the bus came.

It's one of my fondest memories from my elementary school days...back then it was GI Joe in the morning and Ninja Turtles at 4pm after school...then hit the streets to play with my turbo football or hit the courts.

And yeah OP...that Cobra theme song use to have me like :lupe: when I saw the Cobras flooding the screen...I think i'd still get that face today if I were to watch it.

Dope movie tho and rarely remembered.

Last edited:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
OP thanks for the post. Yeah this was some hard shyt. Just like the transformers original opening scene with the Dino bots and triple changers.

80s cartoons also had bomb ass music like silver hawks, thunder cats, mask, galaxy rangers and robotech. Those cartoons are much better than the shyt today. They really put time into the songs and shyt.
Definitely true... for example, I always thought that the Transformers cartoon movie (1986) had one of the most underrated and dopest soundtracks ever.

That "You got the touch...you got the power" song use to get me hype as hell back then.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lowkey a lot of those old cartoons from 80s got some piff beats to them or the entire thing just bangs :ohlawd:

I remember I was chilling while looking after my nephew as he looked at some old spiderman episodes not from 90s but before that. Anyways, there was some beat that dropped that made me look like "yo that's sounding kind of hard as fukk man :dwillhuh:", I think MF Doom might have used it.