Is Seinfeld still the greatest show of all time or did Curb Your Enthusiasm surpass it?

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Seinfeld had better characters, who came with quotables.

Far more memorable events (George and the arcade cabinet, Kramer swimming in the hudson, Elaine's dancing, etc). CYE is hilarious, far more dark, and far more "real" but Seinfeld was a cartoon, and for that, its hard to beat.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Oh it's still doing it's thing. No question. I'd be in denial to deny that. The show definitely still doing something right cause they been around for 40 years but no lie, I can't even remember the last time I watched that shyt. Probably some time back in like 2007 and it was when my cousin got the shyt on dvd but as far as new episodes? shyt, since the last 90's/early 2000s.

It's easier for cartoons to have a more historic run, cause they not real and they stay the same so long as the writers want them too. Cartoons appeal to people of all ages too, especially if there's ground level for the humor such as the Simpsons so both kids and adults can enjoy watching the show. It could be argued which show is bigger on pop culture, maybe the Simpsons is (shyt they been around for 40 years and still churning out shyt so they are constantly still in peoples faces, both old fans and new while Seinfield has been off the air now for 18 years, that's damn near 2 decades. Now, Seinfield had some iconic characters too

From Soup Nazis to Nuts: 100 Best 'Seinfeld' Characters

The Simpsons definitely paved the wave for more adult animated shows, I can't take that away from them. But let's not act like Seinfield ain't do the same shyt now

I'd be typing all night so I'mma post some links right quick
Close Talkers and Double Dippers: 15 Phrases 'Seinfeld' Gave Us
How ‘Seinfeld’ Revolutionized The Sitcom | IndieWire
How Jerry Seinfeld Changed Modern Comedy With Seinfeld

As for the racist shyt, yeah Michael Richards exposed himself as a racist. Ain't nothing else I can say bout that. Although technically speaking it won't Kramer THE CHARACTER since you said "none of the main CHARACTERS". It was MICHAEL RICHARDS the ACTOR who exposed his own true feelings the night he decided to spew out racist and racial racial epithets and comments at 1 of us. So yeah, fukk him
But to be fair, now that I think back on the Simpsons, they way they did that Latino man/Bumblebee man character was on some :mjpls::francis:

Dude, The Simpsons hasn't been around for 40 years. :dead:

Spyro

Banned
Daps
dude said 2 and a Half men....

First 8 seasons do have a lot of funny one liners in it though, watch a best of on YT and it's great gag after great gag, hell even 9-12 have some funny lines in them.

And seasons 1-5 of Scrubs is GOAT :wow:

Spyro

Banned
Daps
On a side note, does anyone here consider Big Bang Theory an elite show? :skip:

They promote the hell out of that show and act like it's must see but the show is extra corny.

It's not as bad as people make it out to be, not the most consistent show but always laugh a few times an episode :hubie: