Is season 2 of the wire skippable?

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
I loved the first season.. could never get into 2nd though. If I go straight to 3 am I gonna be lost?

LiIZaneFan1978

2PAC BACK
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Season 2 is important

I skipped it after the first 3 eps aired, picked back up when season 3 dropped and thought I could pretty much fill in the blanks. Didnt feel compelled to get caught up with 2 until they started mentioning Brother Mouzone as a straight factor and I had no idea who he was :to: I called my cousin and asked wtf Mouzone was and cut him off before he could finish, that storyline sold me on the season

Went back and watched it on demand and realized how lost I was coming into 3

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
Yeah I don't get it. Its almost like that's the popular thing to do, hate on season 2 just because everybody else does. Was it because there wasn't enough hood shyt in it? I don't know, but I do know that it connected a lot of pieces together.
I know a lot of people that skip over the second season because they felt the focus was too much on the docks with the white people. I can't even imagine skipping season 2 because of how much important shyt goes down that effects the series as a whole.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Yeah I don't get it. Its almost like that's the popular thing to do, hate on season 2 just because everybody else does. Was it because there wasn't enough hood shyt in it? I don't know, but I do know that it connected a lot of pieces together.

thats exactly what it is, nikkas thought they were seeing a show that was entirely set in the hood but were too dumb to realize the story its actually about the city of baltimore as a whole.

also according to some of those idots, season 2 had too many cacs :beli:

season 2 not only had some of the wires best written episodes, but IMO they did the best police work in that season. It really showed how smart mcnulty and freemon are

Last edited: