is saints row 4 good?

yo moms

drunk
Daps
i heard you can have superpowers and can fly around in an open world game. :gladbron:

plus its on sale 80% off in the uk xbox live store. :feedme:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Depends.
You played 3?
If you played 3, then 4 is pretty much just a DLC like expansion but instead of a new map, you can fly'n'shyt. The flying is sorta dope for a minute and I'm not going to lie, I was playing this and Prototype....then I stopped playing prototype to play this..then went back to Prototype and couldn't finish it (Didn't like it much anyways)

The missions are a bit bombastic with set pieces like 3 that either might make you smile or shrug, not everybody liked it, but it's an enjoyable enough game, but to be honest I think they are painting themselves into a corner with the story at this point or what's left of it. Lots of fan service and cameos (He shows up where he's needed most:salute:)
but it ain't anything to win you over if you wasn't down with what the series turned into.
It's heavily discounted, so I'd say yeah go for it.

Chef

All Star
Daps
Depends.
You played 3?
If you played 3, then 4 is pretty much just a DLC like expansion but instead of a new map, you can fly'n'shyt. The flying is sorta dope for a minute and I'm not going to lie, I was playing this and Prototype....then I stopped playing prototype to play this..then went back to Prototype and couldn't finish it (Didn't like it much anyways)

The missions are a bit bombastic with set pieces like 3 that either might make you smile or shrug, not everybody liked it, but it's an enjoyable enough game, but to be honest I think they are painting themselves into a corner with the story at this point or what's left of it. Lots of fan service and cameos (He shows up where he's needed most:salute:)
but it ain't anything to win you over if you wasn't down with what the series turned into.
It's heavily discounted, so I'd say yeah go for it.

I wish Activision would throw some love toward a new Prototype but we need another CoD game for next year though. :shaq2:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I wish Activision would throw some love toward a new Prototype but we need another CoD game for next year though. :shaq2:

You liked the first one? I was playing it for a minute around the time I played Saint's 4 and I couldn't get into it. I think it was 'cause at the time I was all on my Achievement hunter tip so I wasn't looking forward to completing the missions to get high rankings and what's not, but after a period of time I started to get that feeling I got when I played State of Emergency back in the day. Like it's cool to do some carnage for a minute, but after a while I got surprisingly bored of it. Same could be said for Saint's Row 4 but I'm a fan of the series and the missions weren't that bad.

You played the second one? I've avoided it off of my experience with the first; how was it compared to the first?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I really liked the game. Just plan old fun carnage for carnage's sake. It's definitely worth a purchase.

Don't compare it to GTA or anything like that. It's not like that. It's just plain old fun shooting shyt and flying around the city. Great game :wow:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What is a saints row and why are there 4 of them?
It's a goofy version of GTA. The first 2 were more serious, then they went off the charts with the craziness for 3 and 4. I loved the new direction, but others thought it was too out there. It's just plain fun. I loved that shyt.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It's a goofy version of GTA. The first 2 were more serious, then they went off the charts with the craziness for 3 and 4. I loved the new direction, but others thought it was too out there. It's just plain fun. I loved that shyt.
I played the first one. It was........ok....I guess. I was just poking fun at how irrelevant it is today.