Is Rick Ross’ lyrical peak comparable to or even BETTER than Prodigy’s peak?

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Rick Ross has not grown lyrically since he came on the scene. nikka is still using the same style and flow since i heard him on that Hustlin song...:stopitslime:
It works for him tho... and rap fans nowadays dont really care about lyrics or growth... so
:yeshrug:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
his stronger attributes are moreso his voice, mic presence & delivery.

there were always a lot of guys that could rap circles around him lyrically.
Nah. His strongest attribute was the multitude of quotable lines he dropped.
His flow was crazy too.
If he was all voice mic presence and delivery than his fall off wouldn’t have been as stark.

If by lyrically, you mean technical complexity, then I agree. He’s not doing the Pharoah Monch, G Rap Eminem shyt.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I like P a lot but this is him at his worst. Him and Cormega and even Nas all need to put the thesaurus down sometimes.
Nah. That was fire. And we both know P at his worst was when he was making no effort to say some fly imaginative shyt.
Rap that Breh up like a package. :prodigylol:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Pun is on my list breh

I’m not putting Moe Dee or Melle Mel In my top 50 at all. Their work is impactful but it doesn’t resonate with me presently. Everyone in that 50 I’m still playing jawns from.

Black Thought how? You mean The Roots? I’m not putting The Roots over any group I have listed in my top 50. Black Thought should’ve dropped a solo project or two.

I’m not really familiar with Too $hort like I should be. I can’t just him add him over anyone that I truly connect with for names sake.

Guru, Common and Lord Finesse would be in the 50s for sure. T.I., & Luda would be in my 50s as well
If Pun is there, I missed him.
And I thought this was a top 50 trying to be objective. My personal top 50 would have someone like Inspectsh Deck ranked highly.
Noyd would be on there.

Listen to Too Short’s whole discography when you have a chance.
My favorite album of his is Get In Where You Fit In from 93.

Black Thought is a lock for top 50.
You saw that freestyle with Flex right?

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rick Ross has not grown lyrically since he came on the scene. nikka is still using the same style and flow since i heard him on that Hustlin song...:stopitslime:
It works for him tho... and rap fans nowadays dont really care about lyrics or growth... so
:yeshrug:
another person who dosent check for his music.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
I really can't believe this thread is still going. Are people really talking about Prodigy not being that great of a lyricist? What in the actual fukk?! You weirdo white boys need to log off for a while.

Dude's pen is amongst the nicest EVER. Add that to a fantastic voice that was top 5 in its prime, and you have a hell of a rapper. If you can't see that, you're an idiot. It's that simple.

Don't @ me unless you're Black and verified. Jealous cacs aint getting a reply :umad:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
If Pun is there, I missed him.
And I thought this was a top 50 trying to be objective. My personal top 50 would have someone like Inspectsh Deck ranked highly.
Noyd would be on there.

Listen to Too Short’s whole discography when you have a chance.
My favorite album of his is Get In Where You Fit In from 93.

Black Thought is a lock for top 50.
You saw that freestyle with Flex right?

Thats my .2 :hubie:

That’s my take

The Roots (Black Thought) would be in 51-60

They’re not better than any of the groups I’ve got listed in my 50.

I’ll deff listen to Short more with an open ear

You know we don’t agree on triple 6 .. not point in going back and forth there lol