Is Reading Beneficial?

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lately I've been trying to increase the amount of time that I spend, reading. I've picked up several books, Crime & Punishment (Fyodor Dostoevsky), Near To The Wild Heart (Clarice Lispector), and an addition book in German to better my German called Sommerlugen (Summer Lies). I enjoy reading, I like the craziness of Crime & Punishment, Raskolnikov and his sense of wittiness is interesting, yet funny how he seems to think he's ahead of the game yet he really isn't. I love Clarice Lispector's way of describing things, she brings out emotions that are hard to describe and she paints a perfect picture with her words. It's crazy. The German book is for practice, learning new words and comprehension plus the stories in it are somewhat interesting although I've yet to get very deep into it yet. 10 pages; but I'd like to read more.

What my question is, when you are reading are you feeling like you're gaining anything from your books? Additional knowledge, or even an authors philosophy that you could apply to life? And when you finish your book, are you happy to know that you've finished the book or is it just like whatever? Does reading even make you smarter? And what are you reading as of now?

Fmju

Fixture
Daps
Reppin
PG
My grandfather says your brain is a muscle and readin exercises it. I personally don't feel that way cuz readin is for nerds and im making 7 figures and fukkin only dime hoes :win:

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My grandfather says your brain is a muscle and readin exercises it. I personally don't feel that way cuz readin is for nerds and im making 7 figures and fukkin only dime hoes :win:
I forgot this is the LTR :snoop: why you gonna read when you a 7 figga nikka

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You gotta stop breathing the same air as me...
I honestly don't know what you have against me, but if you look at our post/dap ratio. 77% of my posts are dapped, only 71% of yours are dapped; so perhaps I should be saying that. And if you haven't got anything nice to say, then why say anything at all. I hope you don't walk around doing this in real life, because it's pathetic, if you don't like someone or what they're saying, be an adult about it and ignore it. You must be younger than me; right?

HideoKojima

DOOM, all capitals, no trick spellin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, Home of the trillest
I honestly don't know what you have against me, but if you look at our post/dap ratio. 77% of my posts are dapped, only 71% of yours are dapped; so perhaps I should be saying that. And if you haven't got anything nice to say, then why say anything at all. I hope you don't walk around doing this in real life, because it's pathetic, if you don't like someone or what they're saying, be an adult about it and ignore it. You must be younger than me; right?
I'm just looking to throw you in the bushes at any moment given :yeshrug:,nothing personal. Im the type to put you down to put myself up. I don't care about ratios, this ain't Call of Duty.

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Great topic, breh.

I've been going through the same thing lately. Bought an e-reader, and have been going the fukk in with these books, man. I forgot how good reading made me feel. Books are the shyt. Any problem you could have in life can be solved with a book. Out of the zillions of authors out there, someone has solved whatever's stumping you and mastered it.

Currently, I'm reading the autobiographies of people I admire, just to crack their way of thinking. There's really no reason not to be successful with all of this information out here.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Ever since eBooks blew up, I haven't paid for a book in years. And I slashed my textbook tab in half. :blessed: Anyways to answer the OP, I do it because I enjoy it. When it comes to The DaVinci saga, and A Song of Ice and Fire, I can't stop reading when I start.

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ever since eBooks blew up, I haven't paid for a book in years. And I slashed my textbook tab in half. :blessed: Anyways to answer the OP, I do it because I enjoy it. When it comes to The DaVinci saga, and A Song of Ice and Fire, I can't stop reading when I start.
How often do you read though?

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great topic, breh.

I've been going through the same thing lately. Bought an e-reader, and have been going the fukk in with these books, man. I forgot how good reading made me feel. Books are the shyt. Any problem you could have in life can be solved with a book. Out of the zillions of authors out there, someone has solved whatever's stumping you and mastered it.

Currently, I'm reading the autobiographies of people I admire, just to crack their way of thinking. There's really no reason not to be successful with all of this information out here.
What people do you admire and which ebook reader? I have a kindle.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Reading is EXTREMELY beneficial, especially when you're younger. I was the kind of nerdy kid who was reading John Grisham books (500-600) pages when I was 8/9. To this day I'll randomly say a word or a phrase in a conversation and not remember how I know what it means, my friends think I'm trying to sound smart but it truly comes out naturally :manny: