Is Rainbow 6 Siege the Most Dynamic/Strategic Shooter to Release in 10 Years?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
[Beanie Sigel Voice]You're not qualified to talk competitive games with me[/Beanie Sigel Voice]

Name the other shooters that compare strategically and dynamically to Siege that have dropped in the last decade that makes you disagree with the premise of my thread.
Nah i'm kidding shyt looks fire. If I had time I'd cop but I know I won't sink my teeth into it. I seen a video of u playin it and you was getting kills from shooting through the damn floor/walls. :wow:

It looks like what Killzone should've evolved to on a larger scale.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Absolutely agree.

I will say... If this game had the netcode/hit detection of Battlefield 1, I probably wouldn't play another FPS for another 2 years m

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
What other relatively recent shooters would you say compete with the depth of Siege?
:jbhmm:

I've literally played this game for over a year straight, and I still learn out new intricacies about the maps, and things within the meta each time I load the game up. This game feels like the FPS version of chess. The number of plays, the strats, the counters, the creativity in how you can play every objective site on every map is simply amazing... for me it's never gotten old. The competitive nature of every game is a try hards dream :noah:

I don't think anybody foresaw the amount of legs this joint was going to have. Especially seeing that it's not like your typical run and gun FPS, with multiple respawns. This game has caught on, and is currently more active than it was when it launched over a year ago.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/10/more-people-are-playing-rainbow-six-siege-now-than-at-launch

I think that has a lot to do with Ubisoft's DLC road map, and how everything is free for gamers (maps, operators, weapon skins etc)... if you play the game enough, you will have no issues unlocking each character in the game.

In addition to the gameplay being truly unique, it's dope that people are supporting this game.

I would say this game has the steepest learning curve out of any FPS you could play right now... yet it still is bringing in new players left and right. I feel for noobs, because there's literally soooooo much to learn about this game, and with how loyal the player base has been, they'll be getting slapped for quite some time before they level up.

How did Ubisoft create a game that's completely the opposite of COD/BF... with basically 100% elimination gameplay with no respawning and eat like this? Game did so well in it's first year, that they announced a year 2 with new DLC maps and 8 more operators being introduced to the game (again... all for FREE).

I don't normally fukk with Ubisoft games, but they gotta get props on this one from me. Siege probably my favorite shooter of all time, that's how hard I've gone in this joint.

:salute:
I had to throw a flag on that bullshyt comment right thurr sir :stop:

When this game was first shown, it had that cheesy voiced dude talking while they did the ultimate version of "teamwork"
And the game looked amazing then, the beta did the game some justice. And I hear a 4K native upgrade will be ready next year, word to scorpio :banderas:

Greenerside my nikka, The Division is already 4K ready as well :win:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I had to throw a flag on that bullshyt comment right thurr sir :stop:

When this game was first shown, it had that cheesy voiced dude talking while they did the ultimate version of "teamwork"
And the game looked amazing then, the beta did the game some justice. And I hear a 4K native upgrade will be ready next year, word to scorpio :banderas:

Greenerside my nikka, The Division is already 4K ready as well :win:
:patrice:

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
This game brought back my luv for fps. Call of duty wit kids and noon cannons, and the run n gun, no team work mess that battlefield has become Str8 up bored me 2 death.

I missed da days of playin socom 1and 2 and every1 on mics cous the game came wit a headset. And ppl using strategy and snipers workin 2grther wit front line guys. This is the 1st game to bring that luv and feel back.

I bought an Xbox one for this gm and in the last yr it's the only shooter I've needed to buy. Period.

Now im just waiting for my favorite 3rd person shooter to come back, ghost recon.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
1 shot headshot instant kills not a fan that's what I mean
but that's real though. you can get deaded like that in real life. all it takes is one stray bullet. but when it happens in siege I never feel cheated. most of the time it's always my own fault. and that's what I want from a game. if I get head shotted it's cause I was running around aimlessly and gave some weak ass player the chance to let off on me. or I poked my head out on some dumb shyt. or I just simply got outmatched.

damn near every death I take on siege, I feel that it was preventable on my part. with either more patience or more strategy. there's so many levels to siege. I don't even look at it as a strictly shooter. shyt is mainly about outthinking your opponent. the fact that you get one life and can be killed with one bullet makes it that much more intense. I don't think any game has ever got my heart pounding like siege. if you're not a quick thinker, you're gonna be food. if you're creative and can think on your feet, you can be a god. them situations where you're the last man standing on your team and you gotta come up with a plan on the drop. being solo on defense and you can feel the enemy team closing in on you....have me in my room like
swtn.gif

but when you actually pull the shyt off there's no greater feeling:ahh:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
but that's real though. you can get deaded like that in real life. all it takes is one stray bullet. but when it happens in siege I never feel cheated. most of the time it's always my own fault. and that's what I want from a game. if I get head shotted it's cause I was running around aimlessly and gave some weak ass player the chance to let off on me. or I poked my head out on some dumb shyt. or I just simply got outmatched.

damn near every death I take on siege, I feel that it was preventable on my part. with either more patience or more strategy. there's so many levels to siege. I don't even look at it as a strictly shooter. shyt is mainly about outthinking your opponent. the fact that you get one life and can be killed with one bullet makes it that much more intense. I don't think any game has ever got my heart pounding like siege. if you're not a quick thinker, you're gonna be food. if you're creative and can think on your feet, you can be a god. them situations where you're the last man standing on your team and you gotta come up with a plan on the drop. being solo on defense and you can feel the enemy team closing in on you....have me in my room like
swtn.gif

but when you actually pull the shyt off there's no greater feeling:ahh:
Then that music queues right as the round ends :banderas:

Seven3Zero

Rookie
Daps
Siege best game out but i got no one to play with on xbox one...

I CANNOT play with randoms. They always on some super duper stupid shyt and the lack of communication is outstanding. Just no way.

As it stands i think thats the only thing holding back. There also needs to be a veto kick system. Cacs will kick you for being better than them then i gotta wait 15 minutes to get back in.

Me n my brother was wrecking on our own... then they kicked him in the last match cuz he the last man standing and died... so we lose our heavy hitter... cuz yall trash. I blasted thr nearest fakkit with my shottty at tye beginning of the next round .... i missed .... n they kicked me. Never played again after that... mind u my bro had 8 kills 2 deaths i had maybe 4 with zero deaths

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Siege best game out but i got no one to play with on xbox one...

I CANNOT play with randoms. They always on some super duper stupid shyt and the lack of communication is outstanding. Just no way.

As it stands i think thats the only thing holding back. There also needs to be a veto kick system. Cacs will kick you for being better than them then i gotta wait 15 minutes to get back in.

Me n my brother was wrecking on our own... then they kicked him in the last match cuz he the last man standing and died... so we lose our heavy hitter... cuz yall trash. I blasted thr nearest fakkit with my shottty at tye beginning of the next round .... i missed .... n they kicked me. Never played again after that... mind u my bro had 8 kills 2 deaths i had maybe 4 with zero deaths
:mjlol:

It's funny reading this, but yea, there are some lames that play this game. One of the most annoying thing for me is how I'll join a game with someone...We both have mics, but our teammates are in Party Chat. We proceed to give away rounds because callouts don't matter since we can't communicate. Then dudes finally get out of their Party Chat when we are down 0-3

:aicmon:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This game brought back my luv for fps. Call of duty wit kids and noon cannons, and the run n gun, no team work mess that battlefield has become Str8 up bored me 2 death.

I missed da days of playin socom 1and 2 and every1 on mics cous the game came wit a headset. And ppl using strategy and snipers workin 2grther wit front line guys. This is the 1st game to bring that luv and feel back.

I bought an Xbox one for this gm and in the last yr it's the only shooter I've needed to buy. Period.

Now im just waiting for my favorite 3rd person shooter to come back, ghost recon.
Every encounter is tense as fukk, game gets lit every match because the matchmaking puts you against people who are on your level

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
Had to pay tribute. Best shooter out. Play at the very least a game a day. Haven't had that much dedication for a game since SF4. :whew:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Day 1 Recon, I'm enlisted. Can't wait. I plan on spending more time on that game than any other game this gen
Holla at me if you wanna join the crew :boss: