Is now the perfect time for Rick Ross to drop his own "Takeover" and end 50 Cent?

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Personaly I am really looking forward to this LP. I believe Ross will drop his best piece of work and the buildup to this album reminds me of what Jay did with Blueprint.

The parallels are uncanny. For one, both Jay & Ross didnt really take off commercially till there 3rd album and hit mainstream. BP was Jay's 5th album and GFID will be Ross's 5th (Roclafamilia was more a compilation like Selfmade)

50 right now is at his lowest point, perfect for Ross to finaly get his revenge and put that final nail in the coffin. Right now Ross has the entire industry and the streets supporting him while 50 still has a small hardcore fanbase. But after 3 below average mixtapes and no push/promotion from Interscope I think Ross can do it.

Right now is the perfect time for Ross to come out with his own "Takeover" (maybe go at jeezy as well) and we all know 50 aint lyrical like Nas so there will be no "ether" to respond. There is no more ammunition to use against Ross that hasnt been played out already.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Nah, that would make Ross look weak to me.

50 is about as irrelavant as a rap star could be right now. I wouldn't get excited to hear Ross dissing 50cent. Jeezy? Maybe... but either way they beef wouldn't really be over anything legit

Ross needs to focus on getting a hot single out there cause they played that "Hold Me Back" on the radio and people were calling in saying they weren't feeling it. There isn't nothing that he has put out so far that would make me want to buy his CD

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Nah, that would make Ross look weak to me.

50 is about as irrelavant as a rap star could be right now. I wouldn't get excited to hear Ross dissing 50cent. Jeezy? Maybe... but either way they beef wouldn't really be over anything legit

Ross needs to focus on getting a hot single out there cause they played that "Hold Me Back" on the radio and people were calling in saying they weren't feeling it. There isn't nothing that he has put out so far that would make me want to buy his CD

i dont like hold me back that much either but so sophisticated and the usher track are dope to me

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No.

There's no real upside. What's the best case scenario? 50 Cent's music career dies? It's on life support and has been so for a while, and he'll continue to fade away into yesteryear in terms of relevancy (because, truth is, the music is still good).

Why risk getting into something that could end badly?

50 would be the underdog and might be able to muster up sympathy.

If he's smart (and Ross seems pretty calculated when it comes to career decisions), he lets sleeping dogs lie.

Blaze007

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:rudy: The beef between them been over for a while now.
Ross should just focus on creating buzz for that album of his

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Jay dissing Mobb Deep and Nas wasnt beating a dead horse at that time? If you remember both rappers were already washed when Jay dropped takeover

Nas was fresh off his "Nastradamus" debacle with most people writing him off as a hasbin and during that time was the begining of the decline of Prodigy as an elite MC. This was when Prodigy started using that lazy slow flow he has now and people were starting to say Havoc was better

Jayz had nothing to gain when he released 'Takeover" but when he did it created a huge buzz for his album. Ross would definatley get some buzz goin at 50 and/or Jeezy with a takeover like track. It would also establish him as GOAT canidate (IMO im just saying!) if he had a few wins in some rap battles against established artists.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ross already "won" that beef so why wastethe time on Woodface?

He had Curtis wearing cardigans and suits because he called him a swagless monkey that couldn't dress :russ:

And before that :stopitslime: made Curtis fix his teeth after he clowned his yuck mouth!
:russ:

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay dissing Mobb Deep and Nas wasnt beating a dead horse at that time? If you remember both rappers were already washed when Jay dropped takeover

This is some real revisionist shyt.

Mobb Deep were coming off their most successful group album, and P dropped a gold selling solo debut that did decent numbers despite having no real radio single.

For all the clowning Nastradamus gets, it still went platinum and had a few hits. Nas wasn't even close to 50 Cent in 2012 status.He may not have been in the top 5 discussion anymore but dude mattered.

As far as Jay-Z having nothing to gain with "Takeover", in order to solidify his KONY status, he had to take someone down. You can't have the throne if you've never slayed a few foes. He's a student of the game and he knew this.

Ross has already done that. No need to dig the body up, shoot some more bullets into it, and then bury it again.

xd21

Sohh Icey
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sohh icey
50 is doing a good enough job ruining his own career. There's no reason for Ross to give him any attention.

50 doesn't even need to reply to him, let banks do it.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF3yK06L7aA]Lloyd Banks - Officer Down{Rick Ross Diss!!][New/Dirty/CDQ/NODJ][WWW.PAPERCHASERDOTCOM.COM] - YouTube[/ame]