Is not joining Facebook a sign you're a psychopath?

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I was off facebook for years because I didn't give a crap. I joined maybe a year ago to sign up for sweepstakes and contests. Haven't won anything yet.

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
To me, its even more weird when I see people just getting an account in 2012.
I'm like :pachaha:

I have one, I don't use it though and that goes for probably 80% of the people I know.To me it beats having those long winding awkward convos with family members but its really been corny as shyt since about 2010 though..

But i do know some females do thinks its weird when a dude doesn't have a facebook at all...

I just started one 3 weeks ago :ld: I refused for years and when I'd meet people they'd ask me for my FB, and when I told them I didn't have one, they looked at me like :wtf: :what: I mainly joined 1) to be in more contact with relatives and friends around the country 2) I noticed I was being invited to events by word of mouth, and when I asked why I didn't hear about it sooner, the answer was always "they sent an invite on FB" :shaq2:

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
Funny though, I usually think people without some form of social media have something to hide, whether I would consider it important or not.

You don't have to be some extrovert party animal to have an FB acct, but if you're not taking advantage of global communication tools :yeshrug:

What's so deep about YOUR life? maybe I really don't want to know

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Yeah this is some bullshyt and people are starting to buy into this shyt.

Listen i'm not worried about conspiracys or anything but anyone who would be on my friend list I talk to or see all the time. Most people I went to Highschool with are still around and I bump into them often.

Theres like 5 people I can think of that, thats not the case but what would happen if I had facebook and had them as friends they would comment on some meaningless post big fukking deal.

Is it to see what some people you knew but never gave a shyt about are doing but if I didnt give shyt then why would I care now?

Plus the fact that all my family is on it and I don't want them all in my business and it's started some big drama in my family.

So whats the point really? The only two positives I see about Facebook are people make those event things but forget some people don't have Facebook so you don't hear about plans till a couple a days before they happen and friending chicks you meet.

Daps
Funny though, I usually think people without some form of social media have something to hide, whether I would consider it important or not.

You don't have to be some extrovert party animal to have an FB acct, but if you're not taking advantage of global communication tools :yeshrug:

What's so deep about YOUR life? maybe I really don't want to know

maybe people just value their privacy

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
maybe people just value their privacy
is it really privacy though? Plenty of people without a FB acct end up plastered on FB, sometimes in a compromising position except they don't even know about it until maybe weeks later, if ever.

Unless you never get caught in a random photo you can't really control that.

Daps
is it really privacy though? Plenty of people without a FB acct end up plastered on FB, sometimes in a compromising position except they don't even know about it until maybe weeks later, if ever.

Unless you never get caught in a random photo you can't really control that.

yeah, that's what it is for me. I have a FB but I probably haven't updated anything in months. I log on from time to time to look at my timeline.

The majority of stuff posted is personal information...relationship trouble, work complaints, or people (fake) stunting. Pictures of where they are and what they are doing at that exact moment. That's the type of shyt I keep to myself. How do I or anyone else benefit from knowing exactly where I am and what I am doing.

"Just left ATT store, damn my bill is $279...ugh"
"About to eat at Chipotle...mmm"

It was on the news that people posted their where abouts on FB/Twitter and one of their friends/followers robbed their homes.

If its not mind numbing shyt like that, its people complaining about shyt. I would respect it if it was a call for dialog, like what we do here no the coli but that's not the case on FB.

I could go on and on...