Is not joining Facebook a sign you're a psychopath?

Daps
Is not joining Facebook a sign you're a psychopath? Some employers and psychologists say staying away from social media is 'suspicious'

Facebook has become such a pervasive force in modern society that increasing numbers of employers, and even some psychologists, believe people who aren't on social networking sites are 'suspicious.'

The German magazine Der Taggspiegel went so far as to point out that accused theater shooter James Holmes and Norwegian mass murder Anders Behring Breivik have common ground in their lack of Facebook profiles.

On a more tangible level, Forbes.com reports that human resources departments across the country are becoming more wary of young job candidates who don't use the site.

The common concern among bosses is that a lack of Facebook could mean the applicant's account could be so full of red flags that it had to be deleted.
:ufdup:

Slate.com tech reporter Farhad Manjoo wrote in an advice column that young people shouldn't date anyone who isn't on Facebook.
:mindblown:

'If you’re of a certain age and you meet someone who you are about to go to bed with, and that person doesn’t have a Facebook page, you may be getting a false name. It could be some kind of red flag,' he says.

Manjoo points out that these judgements don't apply to older people who were already productive adults before social media became widespread.

The tech news site Slashdot summed up Der Taggspiegel's story about social networking as 'not having a Facebook account could be the first sign that you are a mass murderer.'

It points out that Holmes, who is accused of killing 12 people and an unborn child and wounding 58 others at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, and Breivik, who murdered 77 people with a car bomb and mass shooting, did not use Facebook and had small online footprints.

Breivik used MySpace and Holmes was reportedly on the hookup site Adult Friend Finder.
:youngsabo:

Psychologist Christopher Moeller told the magazine that using Facebook has become a sign of having a healthy social network.
:usure:

Psychologists have noted that Holmes, along with several noted mass murderers, have lacked any real friends.

And this is what the argument boils down to: It's the suspicion that not being on Facebook, which has become so normal among young adults, is a sign that you're abnormal and dysfunctional, or even dangerous, ways.

LINK: Is not joining Facebook a sign you're a psychopath? Some employers and psychologists say it's 'suspicious' | Mail Online

mcnabb_wft.gif

Really Breh?, Really!?

Daps
fukk this shyt, who conducts these so called "studies" anyway? they don't got real shyt to research? :snoop:

forget who does the study, I hope thay don't get government contributions cause that would mean we paid them to conduct this bullshyt.

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
forget who does the study, I hope thay don't get government contributions cause that would mean we paid them to conduct this bullshyt.

you know they do get them donations sometimes and they blow it on the dumbest fukking topics

no one really cares cause that's what the majority of ppl are into now, mindless gossip, shyt like that

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
I miss the old facebook. No not last year or 2 years before that.

But in 2006 and sh*t. It was magical :noah:

When you had to have a college email to be able to sign up. :yes:

Dat's when i actually liked FB. Once dat shyt got open to everybody it went down hill fast. Then da constant changes to it's interface..i went off dat mufukka for 4 years..tried to come back for a couple monfs...couldn't do it and aint been on dat shyt since last year. :beli:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i joined fb and saw old school friends, enemies, family, exgirlfriends, people i den trolled on craigslist, aol, yahoo. i was like :merchant: *deactivate*

i aint trynna have all my worlds collide like that

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
"studies" like this is exactly why Zuck and crew felt confident opening @ $38 a share.

Facebook is not that important. I am not sure what has to happen for people to understand this shyt about Facebook, but I hope it happens soon.