Is Mega Man a dead franchise at this point?

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Every older franchise started as a 2d platformer/side scroller though.

I don’t think mega man lives and dies as a side scroller

I think if the demand was really there they would of returned back to 3d at some point after x7. But x7 is seen as the worse in the series right?? The fans of Megaman seem to be content with it's 2d nature :yeshrug:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Why is anyone looking at Megaman as some type of 3d game? Megaman is known as a 2d platformer. Legends is dead. Megaman isn't.

Why would u compare Megaman to Ratchet?? :dahell: Also both Megaman 11 and the anniversary collections sold pretty well if I'm remembering correctly.
So was mario brothers... Should we still have top down only GTA? It's 2021. As I said they could still make 2d and 3d.. But they are wasting a great IP and a wide open lane here by ONLY doing 2d

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So was mario brothers... Should we still have top down only GTA? It's 2021. As I said they could still make 2d and 3d.. But they are wasting a great IP and a wide open lane here by ONLY doing 2d

Yeah, i bet if someone like REALLY wanted, say SIE took mega man and gave it the R&C treatment people would say, “i can’t believe sony stole mega man for themselves” and it would be just as valued as something like Spider-man. Literally no one was begging and crying about spider-man when they were making shattered dimensions but after Insomniac put paws on it it became a big franchise again.

Capcom is just wasting the IP away.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

Yeah, i bet if someone like REALLY wanted, say SIE took mega man and gave it the R&C treatment people would say, “i can’t believe sony stole mega man for themselves” and it would be just as valued as something like Spider-man. Literally no one was begging and crying about spider-man when they were making shattered dimensions but after Insomniac put paws on it it became a big franchise again.

Capcom is just wasting the IP away.

So it sounds like yall want capcom to do a GOW type of reboot with Megaman? I mean I'm not against that soo...... Carry on :ehh:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It doesn't have to be. The problem is all Capcom wants to do with the franchise is release collections and remakes.

If they actually made a good NEW Megaman game on current (non-mobile) consoles a lot of people would buy it off nostalgia alone. For some reason Capcom doesn't seem to care about the series.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I don't think Mega Man is a dead franchise.. I mean I could see Mega man getting another game versus Breathe of Fire.

Probably gonna be a long while before they do anything with him though.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
Does Capcom still make big budget games not named Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter or DmC?

It's an industry trend not to experiment with games anymore and only invest in proven formulas.

That's why I think you're tripping everytime you try to hype up this gen or last gen as the best. Variety has been lacking compared to the past.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Does Capcom still make big budget games not named Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter or DmC?

It's an industry trend not to experiment with games anymore and only invest in proven formulas.

That's why I think you're tripping everytime you try to hype up this gen or last gen as the best. Variety has been lacking compared to the past.

If you throw indies into the mix, we really at peak variety. We’re at a time when there’s more independent studios than we’ve ever had, big and small. Sure sony, capcom, rockstar have their formulas but theres mad gaming companies making stuff now, it was never like this before when we had to rely on only the big players to make games.

My favorite game this year has been Hades. Back in the day it would have been capcom making a game like this, but now its just 1000 other smaller studios.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
So it sounds like yall want capcom to do a GOW type of reboot with Megaman? I mean I'm not against that soo...... Carry on :ehh:
They could get creative and make something 3d with fast pace gameplay, similar to returnal.

It feels like alot of those classic series experimented with 3d when 3d gameplay was still new and gave up after one poor attempt.

It reminds me of how people assume 3d castlevania games would never work, but then From Software comes along with something like bloodborne that perfectly captures the essence of castlevania in 3d.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They could get creative and make something 3d with fast pace gameplay, similar to returnal.

It feels like alot of those classic series experimented with 3d when 3d gameplay was still new and gave up after one poor attempt.

It reminds me of how people assume 3d castlevania games would never work, but then From Software comes along with something like bloodborne that perfectly captures the essence of castlevania in 3d.

Bloodborne is the only 3d castlevania we will ever get. The only good one