Is Mega Man a dead franchise at this point?

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Battle network and zero series were the shyt. That was the last time I paid attention to megaman tbh

Legendary series but not sure it can male a comeback now. If they get somebody to give it the sonic mania treatment perhaps

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
14 was actually dope plus I encourage anyone who is a fan checkout Mighty Gunvolt series :yeshrug:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Mega Man might be one of the most wasted IP's in history

*Hit's bong*

Bro you got a fukking robot with an interchangeable cannon arm. And the way he upgrades and switches out his shyt, is by beating up other robots, in their own worlds, and stealing their powers.

WHAT?!?!!!

You could be jumping planets. Upgrading ships. Upgrading arms. All open world so you conquer them in all sorts of orders. But you can use one to come back and unlock another. Hell, steal Ratchet and Clank's type of world jumping and retreading. But with bionic robot parts.

You also can have companions as he later got. They could have boss battles with huge robots. Horizon type game but you're Mega Man.. A modern weapon wheel. Missions. Vision and speed unlocks. Robot shyt.. All sorts of shyt.

Instead... Another 2d side scroller.. It's not like they couldn't even put out both types of games. They just abandoned that idea

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Mega Man might be one of the most wasted IP's in history

*Hit's bong*

Bro you got a fukking robot with an interchangeable cannon arm. And the way he upgrades and switches out his shyt, is by beating up other robots, in their own worlds, and stealing their powers.

WHAT?!?!!!

You could be jumping planets. Upgrading ships. Upgrading arms. All open world so you conquer them in all sorts of orders. But you can use one to come back and unlock another. Hell, steal Ratchet and Clank's type of world jumping and retreading. But with bionic robot parts.

You also can have companions as he later got. They could have boss battles with huge robots. Horizon type game but you're Mega Man.. A modern weapon wheel. Missions. Vision and speed unlocks. Robot shyt.. All sorts of shyt.

Instead... Another 2d side scroller.. It's not like they couldn't even put out both types of games. They just abandoned that idea

Yeah, my dream game is a company like Naughty Dog or Santa Monica making a similar system in their style. you play as an android that you get to break apart their limbs and attach them to yourself and use their special abilities as your own.

Like you see a android with a scope for an eye, so you rip out their eye and you get to transplant it into yourself and now you got a laser sight, zoom, and scanner.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
It's a dead franchise in need of a total reboot. Capcom should hire Insomniac, or a similar studio, to do reboot. Because the Ratchet and Clank games are the Mega Man games that Capcom should have been putting out. I liked Mega Man 11, but I'm just not into that sort of platformer anymore. It's very niche for me now, and a think a property like Mega Man needs a modern day 3D platformer makeover.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
dead is too strong a word. i would say that for all intents and purposes, it is no longer A list. it is a B-list franchise that can be used for merch, a capcom vs fighting game, mobile games, re-releases of old games, and the odd budget 2d game. the B-list just means it cant have a budget for AAA games, so 3D is not likely anymore. same reason we cant get a proper contra or metal slug now, but they still do other things with the name because it still has some value - just not enough to justify a proper 3d game

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's a dead franchise in need of a total reboot. Capcom should hire Insomniac, or a similar studio, to do reboot. Because the Ratchet and Clank games are the Mega Man games that Capcom should have been putting out. I liked Mega Man 11, but I'm just not into that sort of platformer anymore. It's very niche for me now, and a think a property like Mega Man needs a modern day 3D platformer makeover.

My thing is i feel like they have never really even tried to translate the original mega man games into a 3d platformer/shooter. Outside of x7 and legends which didn’t have platforming elements.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Why is anyone looking at Megaman as some type of 3d game? Megaman is known as a 2d platformer. Legends is dead. Megaman isn't.

Why would u compare Megaman to Ratchet?? :dahell: Also both Megaman 11 and the anniversary collections sold pretty well if I'm remembering correctly.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why is anyone looking at Megaman as some type of 3d game? Megaman is known as a 2d platformer. Legends is dead. Megaman isn't.

Why would u compare Megaman to Ratchet?? :dahell: Also both Megaman 11 and the anniversary collections sold pretty well if I'm remembering correctly.

Every older franchise started as a 2d platformer/side scroller though.

I don’t think mega man lives and dies as a side scroller

Last edited: