Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
MTV2
TVOne
Centric

All show Martin nightly if I'm not mistaken. I watch the show all the time still. Only the last season was unwatchable save a few eps because of Tisha Campbell's protest.

It's my #1 favorite sitcom of all time.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed Fresh Prince and The Bernie Mac Show more.

I "got" Martin, but that silly nikka had TO MUCH influence on the nikkaz I used to hang with and it kinda rubbed me the wrong way.All the mini Martins I was around made the whole movement seem corny to me.

Made me appreciate Fresh Prince more.That was my escape from the min Martins cult.

But that's just me:manny:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
As far as sitcoms go, Sanford and Son>Martin, but it is close...that last season of Martin where the split happened really fukked up the series. Sanford and Son is always untouchable

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I enjoyed Fresh Prince and The Bernie Mac Show more.

I "got" Martin, but that silly nikka had TO MUCH influence on the nikkaz I used to hang with and it kinda rubbed me the wrong way.All the mini Martins I was around made the whole movement seem corny to me.

Made me appreciate Fresh Prince more.That was my escape from the min Martins cult.

But that's just me:manny:

The Martin show run was basically my highschool years and mad nikkas did act just like Martin too.:pachaha: Show was so influential on black culture. It never soured me on the show though.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Did this nikka just say Martin is better than Breaking Bad and then shyt on it by calling it Cac shyt :dahell:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
After Season 4-5ish, show fell of partially cause the whole harrassment Marty Mar was on that stuff, not blaming him, I'm sure the industry can make people do things they regret. Most shows whether sitcom or dramatic series usually run its course by 5-6 seasons anyways.

Regardless, the top 3("black") sitcom of all time and my personal favorite.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Yes

2hgddae.jpg

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Black tv show, sure
:childplease: But we all know "The Wire" is the best black TV show of all time (In fact "The Wire" might be the TV Show of all-time, period.). So like I said before, the discussion should be is Martin the best black sitcom of all time?

And NO, "Martin" doesn't really belong in a discussion of best sitcom all-time, period? I've watched (And there's more I need to watch) too many good single-cam sitcoms from the 2000's-present.

:yeshrug: Maybe "Martin" can be in a discussion of best Multi-cam sitcom all-time?

Last edited: