Is madden really as bad as people make it out to be?

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Yes. This past Madden Franchise mode was basically unplayable with the glitches.

The canned animations hurt the gameplay there is no reason that player strength, weight, attributes etc should not have more realistic physics. It felt more 'real' on the PS2 era.

Its clear Madden has abandoned the single player experience for what amounts to a gatcha game because kids spend millions upon millions on those Madden ultimate team cards.

NBA2K has flaws but the base game is better and they still have an extremely solid single player experience.

But since Madden is the only football game in town they feel no need to improve. All you need is to boycott Madden 1 year.
NBA 2k23 got a horrible single player experience :gucci:

In MyCareer they force you to play the same game multiple times if you don’t meet certain objectives. Legit the worst NBA 2k I ever played and it seems like it just keeps getting worse

Madden 23 was way better than NBA 2k23

NBA 2k23 got me ready to not ever cop another edition again

2k20 already had me like that and I took 2 years off. 2k23 is even worse.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yes…it usually takes me at least a full season of games to get tired of playing 2k…with madden it takes me one quarter…I’m glad as hell they did a trial period cuz I was desperate for a football game and would’ve wasted money on it

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
yes…it usually takes me at least a full season of games to get tired of playing 2k…with madden it takes me one quarter…I’m glad as hell they did a trial period cuz I was desperate for a football game and would’ve wasted money on it
I dunno breh

I understand not paying full price but Madden def worth it for $15-20 which is around what it is now

I mostly play MC in NBA 2k so when I saw how they fukked it up, it made me not ever wanna cop again

I’ll try the other modes just to somewhat feel like I got my money worth but other than that, I’m good in NBA 2k. Prolly take another 2 or 3 years off if I ever cop it again at all

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dunno breh

I understand not paying full price but Madden def worth it for $15-20 which is around what it is now

I mostly play MC in NBA 2k so when I saw how they fukked it up, it made me not ever wanna cop again

I’ll try the other modes just to somewhat feel like I got my money worth but other than that, I’m good in NBA 2k. Prolly take another 2 or 3 years off if I ever cop it again at all

to you.

I legitimately got tired of it after a quarter…paying $15-20 would’ve been a complete waste of money for me

just answering the thread title from my POV not stating it as a fact or anything

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
to you.

I legitimately got tired of it after a quarter…paying $15-20 would’ve been a complete waste of money for me

just answering the thread title from my POV not stating it as a fact or anything
Yea I respect that

I only cop Madden every few years so that’s prolly why I didn’t get tired of it like that
Last time I copped before Madden 23 was Madden 19

They just delayed NCAA another year, was dope when we had that as an option.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea I respect that

I only cop Madden every few years so that’s prolly why I didn’t get tired of it like that
Last time I copped before Madden 23 was Madden 19

They just delayed NCAA another year, was dope when we had that as an option.

the last one I bought was the one with mahomes and brady on the cover…I was really hoping they’d do this last one justice with the passing of madden

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
same thing we're seeing with nba 2k despite them NOT having a license. the lack of competition got both franchises out here :flabbynsick:
Live had a golden opportunity to make a huge comeback the last 3-4 years or so :snoop:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis: Last time I gave a shyt about Madden was when the blassic dropped:

Madden_NFL_25_Next-Gen.jpeg

And even then the game was half stepping (I'm still heated by the relocation team mode that limit you to three damn international cities :why:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

This was probably one of the only 2K games where I was tapped in:

220px-NBA_2K13_Box_art.jpg

The power of Hov :francis:

But on the real. 2K16 was the final time the series actually didn't throat gag folks with microtransactions and playing shyt for a grind purpose. Plus, the story mode was legit :blessed:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This was probably one of the only 2K games where I was tapped in:

220px-NBA_2K13_Box_art.jpg

The power of Hov :francis:

But on the real. 2K16 was the final time the series actually didn't throat gag folks with microtransactions and playing shyt for a grind purpose. Plus, the story mode was legit :blessed:

11 and 13 were probably the most memorable ones…I’ve been buying it religiously since 11 with 12 and 14 being the only exceptions…the series has its faults but I can squeeze a season or 2 out before I become fully frustrated and get fed up with it

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
11 and 13 were probably the most memorable ones…I’ve been buying it religiously since 11 with 12 and 14 being the only exceptions…the series has its faults but I can squeeze a season or 2 out before I become fully frustrated and get fed up with it

Reminds me of when not only my Raptors were doing shyt, but my d league team was doing ass.

I almost snapped my game in half :why:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Live had a golden opportunity to make a huge comeback the last 3-4 years or so :snoop:

I'm convinced EA said fukk it and will just stick with their cash cow in madden.

I mean, they don't wanna put all that money into a basketball game at this point only for 2k to crush them regardless.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Madden has some things I wish 2k would implement in their game, like the momentum and home field advantage. I like that on Madden, it goes up after a big play or a touchdown. On 2k, they have that takeover system with all these little icons on the screen at once that happen at the most random moments in the game. Not only that, how is it possible for BOTH teams to be in takeover mode at the same time? Makes zero sense.

In Madden Franchise, scouting and free agency is somewhat better than MyNBA in NBA2k.

Free agency in Madden Franchise at least shows you the player motivations and what they are looking for when signing with a new team.

Scouting isn't perfect in Madden Franchise, but at least it seems more dynamic compared to NBA2k's MyNBA mode.