Is madden really as bad as people make it out to be?

K.Y.R.I.E

All Star
Daps
I haven't played it consistently in years so I'm genuinely curious

Some people make it seem like its the worst game ever made every year

And I also see them comparing to NFL 2k5.. a game that's almost 20 years old :gucci:

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Gameplay wise it isn’t imo if u play franchise, franchise can be very immersive, there will be times it gets a lil cheesy on both ends both for the most part franchise is a decent gaming experience

Definitely isn’t as good as 08 or sumn but it’s decent

H2H gameplay is where shyt gets awful, game endorses BS, superstar abilities can break the game, DBs are superhuman etc

I wouldn’t buy it, I bought madden every year up until 22. Now I just play modded games

MrSpook

All Star
Daps
I promise you. It’s the worst madden I’ve ever played. shyt is horrible.

This shyt is horrible bruh. Me and my homies be in that party mad asf, stay deleting it just to get it back. Then I went to 22 and it’s to the point I don’t even fukk with madden no more.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
friday-ice-cube.gif

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Compared to the Maddens I grew up on, yes in lack of features. Gameplay is slowly getting better

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I promise you. It’s the worst madden I’ve ever played. shyt is horrible.

This shyt is horrible bruh. Me and my homies be in that party mad asf, stay deleting it just to get it back. Then I went to 22 and it’s to the point I don’t even fukk with madden no more.
Every year I've bought it when it was on sale for like $20. I'll start out enjoying it and thinking how much I miss playing it. Then the flaws start creeping in. I'd end up taking all kinds of videos sending friends like "look at this bullshyt, how is this still broke".

My biggest beef with the game is that every year it seems some position was broken. I used to love building teams with different strengths. I remember one year I got a team with prime Aaron Donald and JJ Watts both on the D-Line. They'd go against a O-line where every player is a 75 or below overall yet were being single covered and couldn't get off their bocks at all. Other years a sick DB group that routinely blew coverages or getting styled on by subpar WRs even in man coverage with guys with high coverage ratings.

Then you add in the overpowered DBs, CPU defenders able to stop on a dime at full speed and change direction without slowing down, high rated OL just going dumb at random and I eventually just give it up because it stops being fun and more frustrating. This is the first year I didn't even buy on sale.

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its not imo. i say that as a solo franchise only person that completes many years in that mode
most of the glitches in videos people show. i've never seen them playing madden.