Is Joe Burrow The Most Overrated QB?

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
At what point is that a strike against him? You literally start every season in a hole. Why?

He is def the most overrated QB and its because of the following:

1. White and not super athletic so he must have intagibles like Brady
2. 1 half in KC 3 years ago
3. See number 1

Its not even that he is overrated persay, he is overcaped for. His shortcomings and flaws are overlooked. It was hilarious watching people talk about injury risk for Lamar and why the Ravens should be hesitant to pay him and then Burrow gets broke off with no problem...while injured:mjlol:.

Bingo. That’s exactly what I’m trying to convey. He’s definitely a good QB, but people overlook his shortcomings and bring up one game from three years ago.

Has he even played three games in the past two years? :pachaha: .

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t think you actually thought about that one Baker Mayfield is a pretty good QB at this point and career.
Even after this last year nobody is calling Baker an elite QB because of what happened the previous 3. It might actually be spot on because Bake was on his way out of the league until he hooked up with a couple beast WRs.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bingo. That’s exactly what I’m trying to convey. He’s definitely a good QB, but people overlook his shortcomings and bring up one game from three years ago.

Has he even played three games in the past two years? :pachaha: .
On the strength of one half and a SB LOSS he gets a benefit of the doubt of a dude with 5 rings :mjlol:. Mahomes couldnt even start every year 0-2, with constant injuries and get this much grace.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Even after this last year nobody is calling Baker an elite QB because of what happened the previous 3. It might actually be spot on because Bake was on his way out of the league until he hooked up with a couple beast WRs.
That’s doing a disservice to Baker though because he had weapons in Cleveland was still a mehhh QB.

He didn’t actually figure it out until years later like Geno did.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is Joe Burrow the most overrated QB right now? I’m not saying he’s not a top ten QB, but it’s laughable when people put him up with Mahomes, and even up there with a handful of other QB’s.

Other than saying intangible and “He just wins”, what is he elite at? People say Lamar is fragile and a risk for injury, especially when it was contract time, but Burrow is injured ALL the time.

I know our resident LSU fan will likely see the LSU player bat signal and come running in here in full defense, but is Burrow the most overrated QB?
Justin Herbert is in the league so no.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
On the strength of one half and a SB LOSS he gets a benefit of the doubt of a dude with 5 rings :mjlol:. Mahomes couldnt even start every year 0-2, with constant injuries and get this much grace.

People were writing the Chiefs off last season after their poor start. :mjlol: . I’ve pulled the receipts, but I was saying all along that you go with Mahomes until shown otherwise.

Im a a big fan of Lamar, but I have to see him actually beat Mahomes and get it done. The one QB I think that can have a really good shot against Mahomes is Josh Allen. Yes, he makes some mistakes, but to beat Mahomes you have to have a QB that can makes plays that few others can, and Allen can do that. I haven’t been the biggest fan of Allen as I feel like he’s always due for an injury with his style of play, but we know what he can do.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Justin Herbert is in the league so no.

Sure, he’s another one as I’ve gone back and forth with people about him and Lamar.

I’d say the difference is that he hasn’t gotten the same amount of praise and hype as Burrow who has missed a bunch of time, and I can actually point to something tangible that Herbert is elite at.

What is Burrow elite at besides someone saying “He just gets it done!”.

I’ve said Herbert for a while now too, but I think he should get more slack than Burrow, especially with the coaches Herbert has had.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yes. He is overrated. He’s riding high off of the one SB appearance and a couple head to head regular season wins against Mahomes from 3 seasons ago. It’s about to be 2025. Debating him with Mahomes is crazy af. Borrow bought more goodwill than any other QB with that super bowl appearance. It’s insane how he’s not really expected to do much of anything else to prove he still belongs in the convo.
Hurts don't get the same leeway with his Superbowl appearance either :mjpls:

Joe will be Aite tho