Is Jay-Z the smartest hip-hop artist?

Young_and_Reckless

Is better than you...
Daps
Reppin
Syrup City, Texas
He's one of the wealthiest and most popular black men in the nation, and married one of the hottest women on the planet.....yeah, he's pretty fukking smart.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
hes smart, but there are smarter. i'd put puff as number one by a pretty significant margin, then cube and fif right after him

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never said he wasn't smart... You can't look at his life and say he wasn't smart.... but when people are walking around acting like he's Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, etc... that's where it ends...

Jay is an opportunist... He takes advantage of every situation...He is a very SMART mover.

He's the type to listen to advice given to him, something that a lot of PEOPLE do not do...

One thing the internet taught me is that
people will belittle your accomplisments
No matter how large.
The post above is the perfect example.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing the internet taught me is that
people will belittle your accomplisments
No matter how large.
The post above is the perfect example.

Lol. In no way am I belittling his accomplishments.

Look where he came from and look where he's at. He's obviously doing something right.

I'm not going to sit here and argue about how smart a man is. It's all subjective.

I was just stating that he has one of the best TEAMS in the business....

Jay Z is a very smart individual, but with all his praise, I don't think 50 Cent gets enough credit (and I'm not even a huge fan of dude)........

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
No, he's pretty clear when he speaks. Most Jay-Z interviews are somewhat informative.

Nah. Most interviews he comes off as uncomfortable.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucm7nwhNZWU&feature=related"]Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter on Real Time with Bill Maher - YouTube[/ame]

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Are we talking book smarts or street smarts? Jay is definitely intelligent and from the start said what he was going to do and did it. He knew how to execute his moves and made the right choice when big business decisions had to be made. You can say he's got a team but at the end of the day the choice is his to make. He is also real smart when it comes to choosing whose dikk to ride(no homo) and what trends to follow.

Intellectually smartest? Nah. He says dumb shyt all the time.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This. Anyone who thinks Jay Z is really making majore business decisions...come on man...

Jay Z was a great rapper...who said the right things at the right time...met the right people...got the right spots...and ended up in the right place.

Let me ask you a question...if you were doing a major business venue with jay z...how many times do you think he would be in the board room...when it goes past the charts and graphs...and you start getting to the math...do you think he is gonna be like...:whoo: or be like:dwillhuh:

Anyone who's gotten as far as he's gotten has picked up things along that ride. People wouldn't align themselves with dude if he didn't have a brain or know what he was doing. So the "charts, graphs & math" are well within his comprehension.

You don't go to school to learn the kind of stuff he's privy to. It comes with experience & connections... brushing shoulders with the right folks.

Of course Jay has a huge part to play in his own success

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are we talking book smarts or street smarts? Jay is definitely intelligent and from the start said what he was going to do and did it. He knew how to execute his moves and made the right choice when big business decisions had to be made. You can say he's got a team but at the end of the day the choice is his to make. He is also real smart when it comes to choosing whose dikk to ride(no homo) and what trends to follow.

Perfectly said.... Dude is the perfect example of being street smart

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
if you read his book decoded you'd know that he was considered a gifted student in tha 6th grade reading at a 12th grade level. he also has a photographic memory which is why he "writes" raps tha way he does.
People think jay a pathological liar though so you can just ignore that if you dont believe em.

i dont know about him being tha smartest though. i think hes made tha smartest moves and alliances.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol. In no way am I belittling his accomplishments.

Look where he came from and look where he's at. He's obviously doing something right.

I'm not going to sit here and argue about how smart a man is. It's all subjective.

I was just stating that he has one of the best TEAMS in the business....

Jay Z is a very smart individual, but with all his praise, I don't think 50 Cent gets enough credit (and I'm not even a huge fan of dude)........

You did that with your posts sayin sh1t like "He ain't bill gates","OH he gotta team" blah blah blah.
Then you co-sign another post calling him an idiot after that.
C'mon son.
Just be real about it.

The "forming alliances, dikk riding, trend hopping" sh1t is BS though.
He's always kept his brand he never completely changed to fit in.
That's more Nelly and Pitbulls lane.

As for 'Intellectually smartest" what do you mean ?
A lot of rappers say dumb sh1t all the time, including "Smart" rappers like
Mos Def and Lupe with that said Jay has said some suprisingly smart and relevant things.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You did that with your posts sayin sh1t like "He ain't bill gates","OH he gotta team" blah blah blah.
Then you co-sign another post calling him an idiot after that.
C'mon son.
Just be real about it.

The "forming alliances, dikk riding, trend hopping" sh1t is BS though.
He's always kept his brand he never completely changed to fit in.
That's more Nelly and Pitbulls lane.

As for 'Intellectually smartest" what do you mean ?
A lot of rappers say dumb sh1t all the time, including "Smart" rappers like
Mos Def and Lupe with that said Jay has said some suprisingly smart and relevant things.

Ohhhh boy...

1. Commenting about Bill Gates and Steve Jobs... I'm just stating facts... Jay accomplished a lot, I won't try and belittle what he's done... but when people act like he reinvented the wheel... like really... people before him have done it (Diddy) and people after (50)..

2. Show me the post where I co-sign him being called an idiot

3. You spelled surprisingly wrong

4. I'm a Jay-Z... but I know where being a fan and a groupie should end

5. Who's saying most rappers don't say dumb shyt... and why use Mos Def and Lupe as examples....

TheHomie

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Thread title...........no not even close

he knows business.......don't get it twisted