Is it time to accept that cell phone notches are the future?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I'm still on an iPhone 6S+ that has the headphone jack and I never use it.
Wireless headphones are way too convenient and will be pretty much standard soon enough. I don't fault these companies in pushing things forward even if their motivation was based on cost savings.
Bluetooth is cool, but sometimes you run out of battery. And decent BT headphones basically cost 2x what decent wired ones do. My ANC BT earbuds just died TODAY :sadcam: Thankfully I have another pair but they are like $70-100 a pop vs like $30-40 for wired ones. But I can't go back to wired headphones for the gym anyway

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Taking away customer options is not pushing things forward. It's just a way for them to make more money by selling adaptors
Sony says hi :DAIGOCOFFEE:
...Also, by that same logic, we should still have tape players and cd players in cars then.
The future is wireless. There's not much room for debate on this.

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
I found out about notches.. Smh certain people worry about the most unimportant shyt.

The type who's world would End if a certain button on a new device is on a separate side now lol.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
It's because consumers care more about looks than actual usability. Thin phones, "premium" feel but slippery ass phone, and bezel less are all retarded trends that need to die now along with the notch.

Give me a grippy plastic phone with front facing stereo speakers over these new age notch phone.

Do nikkas take pleasure of holding metal and glass over something that's more grippable?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Sure, but as this becomes standard people will remember to keep them charged more often, and I would imagine it would make headphone manufacturers compete in terms of battery life.
Bluetooth is never gonna beat wired for sound quality. And how about upgrading the fukking DAC in the headphone jack rather than removing and also having high quality bluetooth. So that way we have. U know. A choice? Muthafukkas act like having a headphone jack prevents them from using bluetooth. And also act like having the jack there is some type of nuisance when all u have to do is not use it if u dont want to. Damn near every tech reviewer hates that they removed it. Even the ones who use phones without the jack as their daily drivers. NOONE with sense likes this fukkin trend. And u cant compare it to cassette players in cars. Wired headphones were and are doing completely fine on the market. Also headphone jack isnt only for headphones. If I wanna plug my phone directly into my studio monitors. If I wanna use my phone as another channel on my mixer if I'm djing. Or I wanna use aux in a whip that doesn't have bluetooth.

Last edited:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I feel like We are at a point where outside of performance phones are getting worse not better.

Removing the headphone jack and calling it innovation is where they lost me.
I don’t even understand the point of Google phone’s dropping the jack when they had dual speaker support already. At least Apple had a reason.

And no aesthetic fukking design shouldn’t be a reason even tho I know that’s why companies did it. It isn’t even that expensive for them to include one. Just pushing expensive ass Bluetooth headphones for no reason (I already have good ones but for other ppl that don’t, this is unnecessary)

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Bluetooth is never gonna beat wired for sound quality. And how about upgrading the fukking DAC in the headphone jack rather than removing and also having high quality bluetooth. So that way we have. U know. A choice? Muthafukkas act like having a headphone jack prevents them from using bluetooth. And also act like having the jack there is some type of nuisance when all u have to do is not use it if u dont want to. Damn near every tech reviewer hates that they removed it. Even the ones who use phones without the jack as their daily drivers. NOONE with sense likes this fukkin trend. And u cant compare it to cassette players in cars. Wired headphones were and are doing completely fine on the market. Also headphone jack isnt only for headphones. If I wanna plug my phone directly into my studio monitors. If I wanna use my phone as another channel on my mixer if I'm djing. Or I wanna use aux in a whip that doesn't have bluetooth.
I’ve faced like 6 situations in the past year where playing music in the car was cumbersome due to not having an adapter for the BS lightning cable and a normal aux cord

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
You see how thick that phone is? Push a button and a camera pops up? Nah.
So you want a phone as skinny as Taylor swift? Not even that thick. :gucci:

That's the only option I can see as far as hiding the self behind the camera, unless they do something like putting it behind the screen, turning off a part of the screen so the camera can see through the glass, like turning off the pixels, lights, etc :yeshrug:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
We now have all with notches on them:
The Essential Phone
Xiaomi Mi 7
Huawei P20
The G7
The One Plus 6
The iPhone X

The Samsung patents with the notch on them are also out there
Et tu, Samsung? A patent application shows the dreaded notch

Google is reaching the point where they are now baking the notch options into the OS with Android P. I think the LG G7 is the first major Android flagship to have it and if Samsung is considering it Notches are likely our next step until they can put the cameras under the usable screen.

I know people that don't have phones with notches tend to hate them but it took me about a day to get over the iPhone Xs notch and now I don't even really notice it. Before I owned the iPhone X I hated it's notch and now I couldn't care less about it. I would buy another phone with a notch on it with no issue.

A notch isn't my preference but it also isn't a dealbreaker.
Nah..I'll be keeping current phones. No notch gimmick for me.