Is it time for Microsoft to renovate Halo and Gears?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everyone else is doing it. Capcom did it with RE7 and RE7 is said to be the comeback the series needed.
Nintendo with BOTW. Somewhat with Odyssey. SSM with God of War.

MSFT needs to make a few calls and have Gears switch it's style up or something because Gears while functionally acceptable is looking dated. Gears 4 looks like a damn last gen game. It sold poorly compared to the first three on 360 also.

Halo idk I haven't touched 5 yet outside of the MP so I can't say for sure but it seemed to have gotten the lowest rating of the mainline series(Halo 5 has a 84 Metacritic compared to Halo 4's 87 and Halo Reach's 91). The quality is declining. They somewhat did that with Forza and made the spin-off Horizon so it's not preposterous. Right now MSFT is the dude walking into the party with a 4X white Tee under a Iverson Jersey.

Last edited:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
They need to do something...tomme i was never a bug halo fan, too much backtracking in sp for me....multi neber grabbed my attention....gears needs a soft reboot, similiar to what it looks like was done with god of war. Also they need to come off their bullshyt and have rare make them a dope fps.....

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Agreed. Gears as survival horror.

Halo more of 5 with a focus not on master chief. Low key, the Halo universe made like destiny would be intriguing.
Halo should "Out Destiny" Destiny easily. Make the SP a big sprawling open world shooter. I mean the game is practically begging for it. Make flyable space ships or w/e they use to travel. Allow yourself to customize MC or whoever with guns/loadouts/armor and make it rpg-lite.

MP they can experiment with something new while having a classic playlist for those who want the 4v4 slayer shyt with default guns and whatnot.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
this thread seems different than the usual shyt y'all give MS. And I highly agree. I doubt MS would lose food off the table attempting to do so.

A high rumour is that even GameFreak may change up Pokemon's mechanics as well.

:manny: the wave of innovation is high now. Just take a chance, and tell them devs to trust in themselves with their own take on the creativity. It's literally why THEY are the devs.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Everyone else is doing it. Capcom did it with RE7 and RE7 is said to be the comeback the series needed.
Nintendo with BOTW. Somewhat with Odyssey. SSM with God of War.

MSFT needs to make a few calls and have Gears switch it's style up or something because Gears while functionally acceptable is looking dated. Gears 4 looks like a damn last gen game. It sold poorly compared to the first three on 360 also.

Halo idk I haven't touched 5 yet outside of the MP so I can't say for sure but it seemed to have gotten the lowest rating of the mainline series(Halo 5 has a 84 Metacritic compared to Halo 4's 87 and Halo Reach's 91). The quality is declining. They somewhat did that with Forza and made the spin-off Horizon so it's not preposterous. Right now MSFT is the dude walking into the party with a 4X white Tee under a Iverson Jersey.
They did already, its called Halo 5 and Gears 4 :snoop:

You sony gamers have fun talking about how games you never played need to change :facepalm:

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Seeing how 343 introduced Blue Team and made some of the most interesting characters in the extended Halo Universe seem bland as fukk, I really don't trust them to reinvent shyt. They had a chance with this second trilogy and reverted back to the same, stop the rings from killing us all premise with an unbelievable love story between a Spartan and an AI.