Is it not insane that Hogwarts is outselling Elden Ring with no media coverage??

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i swear if it wasn’t for people arguing about this game on twitter last week you wouldn’t even know it had come out. There is no media coverage on it at all, not that many reviews, no-non stop cheeky articles, fan art, etc.

Also a lot of people playing it don’t even want to openly talk about it because of how deranged people are acting over it on twitter. Yet, the game is currently outselling the one of the biggest games of the year from last year with no previous gen copies.

I’ve never seen a single player game just come out and completely crush buildings and have there be such silence regarding it, sales wise in the media. Very bizarre

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
i swear if it wasn’t for people arguing about this game on twitter last week you wouldn’t even know it had come out. There is no media coverage on it at all, not that many reviews, no-non stop cheeky articles, fan art, etc.

Also a lot of people playing it don’t even want to openly talk about it because of how deranged people are acting over it on twitter. Yet, the game is currently outselling the one of the biggest games of the year from last year with no previous gen copies.

I’ve never seen a single player game just come out and completely crush buildings and have there be such silence regarding it, sales wise in the media. Very bizarre

"In the UK"

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
This game exposed alot of media outlets and its gonna continue to expose them throughout the year. But at the same time there was a literal witch hunt going on where people felt intimidated from discussing the game. It is what it is.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Its everywhere, look at the steam charts, look at amazon, look at PSN and most played on Xbox. There was over a half a million people playing on steam today alone

It's a popular series and the game just released without much competition, even the article you posted specifies boxed UK charts, which would be made up of casual fans and children.

Non-nintendo games geared towards a casual audience don't really have the same impact in the media like a last of us or god of war, it's an open world game based on the hp franchise, what more is there to say? It's not doing anything different other than being very popular :manny:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
ehhh idk. The JK Rowling shyt has people on the internet acting funny but obviously tons of people are still watching it on twitch and YouTube. I don’t think it’s like some super obscure title. I’ve seen a lot of casual gamers at work talk about getting next gen systems just for this game. Sites like ResetEra and all these goofy gaming journalists who wanna act like this game is somehow controversial pale in comparison to all the Potter stans and gamers in the real world

Harry Potter is the best selling book series of all time and the game is legit good as an open world RPG. On top of that, people been wanting a game like this for decades so it’s not surprising that it’s selling well and will be one of the more talked about games for the year

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ruger Rowling and her hitters on standby if the media tries to fukk with them royalty checks.
harry-potter.gif

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Journalists were afraid to review this game so its not surprising that they are not making articles on its sales and success