Is it me or there aren’t any great games anymore ??

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
vXKXTf4.jpg

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Who really started the exclusives wars?
I dont care. Im an average ass dude tryin to make it in life. Companies fights with each other aint shyt to me. N unless Microsoft or Sony cuts me a check, i damn sure aint gonna spend my free time defending their brands n givin em free promo on a message board.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I dont care. Im an average ass dude tryin to make it in life. Companies fights with each other aint shyt to me. N unless Microsoft or Sony cuts me a check, i damn sure aint gonna spend my free time defending their brands n givin em free promo on a message board.

I’m just having fun

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Also it naturally takes way longer and cost way more money to make games these days. That’s why major companies make one or two games a generations rather than 10

530938359.jpg
You example here with Rockstar is less to due with dev time and costs and more to do with how much easy profits GTAV still makes them. I think it's made them more than any of the others possibly combined.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You example here with Rockstar is less to due with dev time and costs and more to do with how much easy profits GTAV still makes them. I think it's made them more than any of the others possibly combined.

It’s both.

They made 6 billion off gta5, thats more than Disney’s entire 2019 slate of movies. It’s like, why pour money into a new product when the old product is still selling like crazy?

They not gonna wanna lose that gta online player base either.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It’s both.

They made 6 billion off gta5, thats more than Disney’s entire 2019 slate of movies. It’s like, why pour money into a new product when the old product is still selling like crazy?

They not gonna wanna lose that gta online player base either.

Yeah, that's just smart business, unfortunately. I mean, if any of us was in the same shoes, we'd right that boat till it falls apart as well. Just is what it is.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
OP right :manny:
Last year we got Doom Eternal; Ghosts, and TLOU2. Yeah Hades was considered GOAT, but we ain't counting indies :hubie:

Well first off, there was more than just those last year. 2ndly, why would you not count indies now? Ya'll count all those mid-tier companies from ya'lls nostalgias as a part of ya'lls golden years of gaming, whereas indies are exactly the ones that have taken their place and doing what they used to do. And with modern tech advancements, a lot of what those games were are done even better now. Certainly with better quality of life improvements of them so that they're not difficult for the sake of faulty shenanigans that plagued golden age games.

Last edited:

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
i feel like shyt is just losing its appeal as i get older

i was talking with a friend of mine about this recently and we both admitted its good games coming out but shyt doesnt feel the same as coming home after school or practice when we was teenagers to get into them

its the feeling around the games not so much the quality to specifically answer your question

shyt is less exciting now from my perspective

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
i feel like shyt is just losing its appeal as i get older

i was talking with a friend of mine about this recently and we both admitted its good games coming out but shyt doesnt feel the same as coming home after school or practice when we was teenagers to get into them

its the feeling around the games not so much the quality to specifically answer your question

shyt is less exciting now from my perspective

:mjcry: we've become our parents...