Is it me or is Phil Spencer completely overrated?

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
There are going to be new games to play, new Halo, presumably new Forza, and whatever else Microsoft will release when this system launches, all played best on the Xbox Series X. I don't see what is so hard to understand. Am I supposed to feel less special because the game I can play at 4K and better AI on my XSX is also being played at 1080p on an Xbox ONE at perhaps a lesser frame rate? What another man eats don't make me shyt. Multi-platform games is what most people want. If this console is going to be the most powerful like I presume, it's going to offer the best console experience for Call Of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Madden, Nba2k, Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto in addition to the best console version of Microsoft games. Seems like a winning proposition to me.

Its an L because it feels like they are not even trying they should have been working on some ground breaking games when development of the new system started...:snoop: thats what im saying...

They are trying hard pushing their vision and where they want to go as a console manufacturer.

Their goal is clearly to have as many people subscribed to gamepass as possible, and that means supporting as many devices as possible. Microsoft doesn't care if you buy a series x or a X1X cause you're on a budget, they still want you paying into their service.

They're gonna cover all ground next gen, weather you want the most powerful console on the market, the cheapest entry into next generation, or just cant afford next generation right now, Microsoft has you covered. I dont understand how that's an L.
What @ORDER_66 and other critics are picking up on is this ecosys
In modern gaming what groundbreaking titles are launch titles? What especially non-Nintendo exclusive launch titles are remembered as being that amazing? Is Killzone Shadowfall or Knack one of the PS4's greatest games? Is Ryse Son of Rome one of those must have Xbox One games?
Thought we were talking about exclusives?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
What @ORDER_66 and other critics are picking up on is this ecosys

Thought we were talking about exclusives?
I know what the discussion is about and @winb83 is wrong imo.

I'm just offering my perspective, I see Microsoft's statements (no exclusives for two years) being used in these stan wars as some kinda L for xbox when it's not.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I still have yet to see him ship anything but a new forza and halo so….

His very first move when he got on was the Backward Compatibility initiative.

During his tenure he's ushered in Gamepass and acquired Bethesda and Activision, two of Microsoft's biggest acquisitions to date. Not to mention turning the brand perception around dramatically from the Don Mattrick era. He just got promoted to CEO of Xbox after that Activision deal as well

You're clearly salty about this news you supposedly didn't care about early this morning:umad:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Microsoft’s Videogame Boss and the Long Battle to Reinvent the Company
Mr. Spencer engineered a big gaming acquisition. In 2014, Mojang AB, the creator of the popular Minecraft videogame, approached him about a deal, said people familiar with the transaction. Mr. Spencer took it to Mr. Nadella and Microsoft bought the company for $2.5 billion.

Minecraft thrived, adding millions of new users. By 2016, it was seen by some company executives as one of Microsoft’s most successful acquisitions. Mr. Nadella asked: “Is there more money we can put into this?” according to a former Microsoft executive familiar with the conversation.

The Xbox group started reporting directly to Mr. Nadella in 2017.
It's crazy to read how he got Nadella onboard with his vision.