Is it me or is Phil Spencer completely overrated?

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Microsoft has spend the last several years acquiring studios and preparing to launch the new Xbox. The Xbox One's fate was sealed. It makes total sense to shift more resources towards the next system. It's like how Nintendo tapered off on the Wii U when they realized it wasn't ever gonna be shyt and laid the groundwork for the Switch and in that launch year they had a strong lineup and the rest is history.

Game development takes 2-3 years depending. We should be seeing the fruits of their labor behind the scenes at E3 in several months.
Difference is nintendo came out the gate running their first 2 years with the switch. Microsoft has already made it known that isnt happening with Xbox series X. Nintendo knows exactly what it wants to do and sticks to what it does best, while also innovating. None of that is the case with xbox

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Microsoft has spend the last several years acquiring studios and preparing to launch the new Xbox. The Xbox One's fate was sealed. It makes total sense to shift more resources towards the next system. It's like how Nintendo tapered off on the Wii U when they realized it wasn't ever gonna be shyt and laid the groundwork for the Switch and in that launch year they had a strong lineup and the rest is history.

Game development takes 2-3 years depending. We should be seeing the fruits of their labor behind the scenes at E3 in several months.

Dude they just admitted the NEW xbox console will NOT have any exclusives for 2 years?!!?:wtf::dwillhuh: how is that still not an L???

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can’t front I championed M$ since the first Xbox to 360 but towards the end of last gen I saw the shift coming so i didn’t cop a X1 but I give him credit with turning that burning ship around. Especially with the streaming service they are about to unveil as a gamer that shyt is fire and by the looks of it the service is going to be a must have. Game Pass is dope af to and I don’t even have a x1. I’m most definitely copping the new console along with the cinco

Daps
If Xbox forced all those studios they bought to pump out a dozen rushed exclusives without adequate development time to meet some internet nerd's arbitrary personal quota y'all would just complain how they're all trash cause they "don't take their time like Sony did for TLOU2" and about how they "ruined the new studios they bought just like they did Rare". Phil Spencer ain't a game developer btw; dude doesn't personally make these games and exclusives you're clamoring for himself. For what his position actually entails with regards to the Xbox brand and Microsoft Spencer has and is doing a fine job.

Y'all ever get tired of this consolestick alley babble literally every fukkin day on here? Thought everyone grew outta that shyt once they graduate middle/high school and acquire the disposable income to buy more than one home video game console. So much chatty pattying about how many or few exclusives each console has like you're company shareholders for Microsoft/Sony and that shyt means anything but jack fukkin squat to your personally in any capacity. Y'all know the overwhelming top sellers for each console is always just the latest fukkin Call of Duty, Madden, and 2K every year, right? The ones that come out for every system available, even the previous gen ones too depending on how early you are into a console generation :pachaha:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Dude they just admitted the NEW xbox console will NOT have any exclusives for 2 years?!!?:wtf::dwillhuh: how is that still not an L???
You’ve already rendered an opinion on games that you don’t even know what they are yet? What games outside of Halo and Hellblade are these studios developing? You may be right. You might not be right.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
If Xbox forced all those studios they bought to pump out a dozen rushed exclusives without adequate development time to meet some internet nerd's arbitrary personal quota y'all would just complain how they're all trash cause they "don't take their time like Sony did for TLOU2" and about how they "ruined the new studios they bought just like they did Rare". Phil Spencer ain't a game developer btw; dude doesn't personally make these games and exclusives you're clamoring for himself. For what his position actually entails with regards to the Xbox brand and Microsoft Spencer has and is doing a fine job.

Y'all ever get tired of this consolestick alley babble literally every fukkin day on here? Thought everyone grew outta that shyt once they graduate middle/high school and acquire the disposable income to buy more than one home video game console. So much chatty pattying about how many or few exclusives each console has like you're company shareholders for Microsoft/Sony and that shyt means anything but jack fukkin squat to your personally in any capacity. Y'all know the overwhelming top sellers for each console is always just the latest fukkin Call of Duty, Madden, and 2K every year, right? The ones that come out for every system available, even the previous gen ones too depending on how early you are into a console generation :pachaha:
This wouldn't be an issue if they were churning out exclusives on the xbox one throughout its lifespan. Unfortunately, they weren't. They all but abandoned the system at least 2.5 years ago when they announced they had started working on the follow up. They've had time, and still have nothing.

Now compare that to Nintendo who released the Wii U in 2012. By 2015 they have already started to abandon ship. Year one of switch 2 classics and updates of wii U games, year 2 a few really good games/ports/services, and then dropped a bunch of major releases last year. You see the difference? No wasted time in releasing stuff for Wii U when they were focusing on switch. They righted the ship immediately the next gen. It seems microsoft is gonna have the same exact problem this coming gen

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You’ve already rendered an opinion on games that you don’t even know what they are yet? What games outside of Halo and Hellblade are these studios developing? You may be right. You might not be right.

Dude this was mentioned all over the arcadium when they was bout to release the new Xbox this year ...:dwillhuh: that's still a massive fukking L for any video game company you know the game is played. You must impress the gamers out the gate to coerce them to buy a brand new $400-$500 system how Microsoft expect these gamers to buy this NEW SYSTEM WHEN YOU HAVE NO NEW EXCLUSIVES MAKING THE SYSTEM WORTH BUYING!!!!:mindblown: it's common sense...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They said no exclusives. Are you serious? :mindblown:
They said all the games will play across their entire family of devices. That isn't no exclusives.

They're doing something different and that deserves applauding. Enthusiast are mostly who buys consoles at launch and as an enthusiast I'll buy a new console even if the games are cross generation because I want the best experience possible. I think most enthusiast who have enough disposable income to do so think that way.

I had a Wii U and I still bought a Switch and Breath of the Wild. Many people did. That's the way of new tech.
Dude this was mentioned all over the arcadium when they was bout to release the new Xbox this year ...:dwillhuh: that's still a massive fukking L for any video game company you know the game is played. You must impress the gamers out the gate to coerce them to buy a brand new $400-$500 system how Microsoft expect these gamers to buy this NEW SYSTEM WHEN YOU HAVE NO NEW EXCLUSIVES MAKING THE SYSTEM WORTH BUYING!!!!:mindblown: it's common sense...
I don't agree. Console exclusive games from console makers mostly existed because from generation to generation the internal architecture of the consoles changed. You'd have to develop two different games to make it work on both consoles. Wasn't really worth it for console makers. That's no longer the case. The architecture continues across generations. They can make one game that plays on both possibly even off the same disc.

When those Xbox One gamers are ready they just transition to the new hardware and lose almost nothing. They aren't buying new hardware and starting over. Their Gamepass and everything goes with them.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I don't see the big deal with the games. I don't need new exclusives at launch to be like spent 600 bucks to be nikka you ain't up on this. For the 2-3 years, developers only have to worry about two Xbox specs which is definitely manageable. Forza Horizon 4, for how glorious it was on a base Xbox one also runs at 60fps and 4k on an Xbox one x. Like I said, it isn't hard.

About Phil, he's going to go down as one of the GOATS. Washing away the sins of Don Mattrick with ease. Convinced Microsoft to push all of its chips in with gaming. Proof with purchases of studios and given them an open checkbook of a budget and leaning in with a powerful new console coming out this year. Future is bright for Microsoft.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
The nikka who bought up new studios,
Gave us gamepass,
Moved Xbox brand away from gimmicks,
Dedicated to not leave the people who spent bread on this gen consoles,
While giving us a powerhouse console for luxury buyers much like the elite controller...

He's overrated?

What's funny is, I don't know shyt about damn near any other video game boss the way this dude's moves seem to be transparent.

Yet, he's overrated...compared to who?:skip:

Last edited:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
The nikka who bought up new studios,
Gave us gamepass,
Moved Xbox brand away from gimmicks,
Dedicated to not leave the people who spent bread on this gen consoles,
While giving us a powerhouse console for luxury buyers much like the elite controller...

He's overrated?

What's funny is, I don't know shyt about damn near any other video game boss the way this dude's moves seem to be transparent.

Yet, he's overrated...compared to who?:skip:

You said everything except games which is all that matters because it’s a game console.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
You said everything except games which is all that matters because it’s a game console.
Y'all taking this console war shyt to some really dumbed down levels, young man.

Gamepass?

New game studios?

Moving AWAY from gimmicks and towards game development as a focus?

Oh... we're not having an objective convo, forgot.:yeshrug:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I don't agree. Console exclusive games from console makers mostly existed because from generation to generation the internal architecture of the consoles changed. You'd have to develop two different games to make it work on both consoles. Wasn't really worth it for console makers. That's no longer the case. The architecture continues across generations. They can make one game that plays on both possibly even off the same disc.

When those Xbox One gamers are ready they just transition to the new hardware and lose almost nothing. They aren't buying new hardware and starting over. Their Gamepass and everything goes with them.

giphy.gif

THEY STILL DON'T HAVE ANY EXCLUSIVES for 2 YEARS THO!!!!:gucci::dwillhuh::what: they just shot themselves in the foot.... AGAIN!