Is it me or is Phil Spencer completely overrated?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We keep hearing how he’s “turned around the Xbox brand” after his predecessor but the console has been thoroughly beaten by the PlayStation and even selling worse than the 360. There’s hasn’t been any exciting exclusives that gets people going and so far nothing suggest things will change next gen.

So why does everyone keep telling us what a great CEO he is. Am I missing something here? :dwillhuh:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
We keep hearing how he’s “turned around the Xbox brand” after his predecessor but the console has been thoroughly beaten by the PlayStation and even selling worse than the 360. There’s hasn’t been any exciting exclusives that gets people going and so far nothing suggest things will change next gen.

So why does everyone keep telling us what a great CEO he is. Am I missing something here? :dwillhuh:
I've said for forever that he is a hack. A lot of people feel that way. He needs to go imo

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Wasn't that hard for them to turn around that shyt show they started with.
Not a fan of them constantly removing features and changing the dash board either.
Gamepass, the xbox one s and x and some of their other convenient features have been hits though.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Phil Spencer is the sole reason Microsoft didn't dump Xbox and gaming itself is better for them having him around. Nadella was considering dumping Xbox and Spencer convinced him not to. Xbox was in a really bad place after Mattrick and Spencer did turn it around. Catching Sony was always going to be impossible after they way Mattrick ran the Xbox One into the ground.

I think Phil deserves this new Xbox before we give the final verdict though.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I mean he did turn the initial Xbox One nightmare around. :yeshrug:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Spencer was in on those meetings with Mattrick
:snooze:
Mattrick was the boss though. If Pence tells Turmp to do X and Trump does Y just because Pence was around doesn't mean shyt. I will say that Mattrick showed Spencer what not to do. Phil Spencer is the reason people on PS4 and XBO can play CoD against each other though.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Him and the dude before him really didnt do shyt...:manny: Sony kept the foot on their necks by moving forward with exclusives and pandering to their core audience... what did microsoft do for the past few E3's???:snoop: nothing but flip flop and flounder...All the money in the world and they can't even run a video game company right...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Him and the dude before him really didnt do shyt...:manny: Sony kept the foot on their necks by moving forward with exclusives and pandering to their core audience... what did microsoft do for the past few E3's???:snoop: nothing but flip flop and flounder...All the money in the world and they can't even run a video game company right...
Microsoft has spend the last several years acquiring studios and preparing to launch the new Xbox. The Xbox One's fate was sealed. It makes total sense to shift more resources towards the next system. It's like how Nintendo tapered off on the Wii U when they realized it wasn't ever gonna be shyt and laid the groundwork for the Switch and in that launch year they had a strong lineup and the rest is history.

Game development takes 2-3 years depending. We should be seeing the fruits of their labor behind the scenes at E3 in several months.