Is it me or is Erykah Badu the Queen of Fake Hotep?

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
Jordan, Jasmine, Jolie, Julius
Erica Badu is so trendy, I swear people wasn't talking about her until someone, whoever, made being spiritual trendy. People seem to like her steeze more than her music. After all these years, I'm still wondering what in the hell do she stand for? She aint as outspoken with her philosophical ideology/views like I thought she would be. The way people gas her up, I would think she was the female 2pac. But she's seems to be this Fake Hotep ass thot. Chicks are more smitten at how she had 3 rappers on lock with her "voodoo puzzy" rather than her music and artistry.

Last edited:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Erica Badu is so trendy, I swear people wasn't talking about her until someone, whoever, made being spiritual trendy. People seem to like her sneeze more than her music. After all these years, I'm still wondering what in the hell do she stand for? She aint as outspoken with her philosophical ideology/views like I thought she would be. The way people gas her up, I would think she was the female 2pac. But she's seems to be this Fake Hotep ass thot. Chicks are more smitten at how she had 3 rappers on lock with her "voodoo puzzy" rather than her music and artistry.
She don't stand for nothing... She have an afro and wear African clothes....all these hoteps don't be saying nothing...they don't care about economics or the system

Its just a bunch of dusty nikkas running game to get easy black p*ssy

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
What do yall mean 'what she stand for'? What do any artist stand for?

Some artists don't stand for anything like Beyonce, although she has hopped on the feminism wave, but let's be for real thats a marketing ploy. I remember a couple of years ago in Vogue magazine, she said racism was a thing of her parent's generation, but yet she's believes misogyny is still prevalent.

But anyway, Erikah markets herself as this "conscious" singer, but what exactly does she stand for. I never known her to be outspoken on any issue, but yet she's "conscious". I guess it all boils down to people who are this "spiritual/vegan/ namaste/ whatever you want to call it wave hype the fukk out of her. But these people are usually faux deep, usually women, who only care about her because she's a like-minded individual and is said to have "good puzzy".

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: DrX

bucks3115

Superstar
Daps
erykah-badu.jpg

Thats ass tho:jawalrus:

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do yall mean 'what she stand for'? What do any artist stand for?
true to an extent, no artist is ever going to be on the front line but some will atleast drop wisdom....but I'm saying she don't have no real agenda or substance....shes not saying nothing profound or interesting, she just dress the part...and mix in the spiritual hippie thing , which draw fans from that demographic

and for some odd reason she always been seen as this symbol as a black female revolutionary....

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some artists don't stand for anything like Beyonce, although she has hopped on the feminism wave, but let's be for real thats a marketing ploy. I remember a couple of years ago in Vogue magazine, she said racism was a thing of her parent's generation, but yet she's believes misogyny is still prevalent.

But anyway, Erikah markets herself as this "conscious" singer, but what exactly does she stand for. I never known her to be outspoken on any issue, but yet she's "conscious". I guess it all boils down to people who are this "spiritual/vegan/ namaste/ whatever you want to call it wave hype the fukk out of her. But these people are usually faux deep, usually women, who only care about her because she's a like-minded individual and is said to have "good puzzy".
exactly....all marketing....just business.............she found a niche

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere

:heh: I think you guys are overthinking it. Conscious could mean a lot of things. However, Erykah has always been about spiritual conscious growth that hasn't changed. I don't think she's trying to be anything but herself. That's the message behind the spirituality, knowledge of self and self-love.

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
:heh: I think you guys are overthinking it. Conscious could mean a lot of things. However, Erykah has always been about spiritual conscious growth that hasn't changed. I don't think she's trying to be anything but herself. That's the message behind the spirituality, knowledge of self and self-love.

I'm not overthinking anything. I dont see how she exemplifies anything she speaks of in her music or outside of her music. Which is not unique situation amongst artist, many do. But thats just my personal opinion, and will continue to be because I personally think her whole image is a marketing ploy like many others artists.

• Dap
Reactions: DrX

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
She's an accomplished recording artist who has sold a lot of good quality albums and concert tickets. Her personal life cannot shade her professional accomplishments. She is very very successful in her field of music and she acts as well.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
once again I`m not here to bash her, but all I see is a black woman with 3 baby daddies which is nothing to be seen as a "Standard of excellence". Its one thing to be in a relationship that didnt work out and you had a kid from it, but her situation makes me think she's crazy or something.
All her kid's father's are active in their lives. Who's to say that she is even into monogamy? It wouldnt be farfetched to believe. A lot of people in her circle believe that relationships are to help you grow as a person, and once you've learned your lesson you shouldnt be forced to stay with that person forever.

Plus she's not only a singer/performer/artist she's also a doula and has helped deliver babies.

*Sorry Cash for quoting an old post. I thought I was on the last page :heh:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
All her kid's father's are active in their lives. Who's to say that she is even into monogamy? It wouldnt be farfetched to believe. A lot of people in her circle believe that relationships are to help you grow as a person, and once you've learned your lesson you shouldnt be forced to stay with that person forever.

Plus she's not only a singer/performer/artist she's also a doula and has helped deliver babies.

*Sorry Cash for quoting an old post. I thought I was on the last page :heh:

More power to them. All I see is men who became less productive after being involved with her.