Is It a wrap for capcom for fighting games

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Most revered...Sure.

Most popular though? :usure:

Some don't want to admit but we are living in an Mortal Kombat/Injustice world now.

Man shut up. Injustice has the lowest amount of viewers of any fighter. SFV is shown on ESPN and sold out Mandalay bay. Shut up. Who the hell plays MK?

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
With two flops street fighter 5 and marvel vs capcom infinite. Do you think capcom should pass these franchises over to Arcsys since they seem to be running the 2d fighter lane now.
:mjlol:

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
There is no reason for shyt like Marvel and SF5 to flop

Capcom stay strugglin the only thing that didn't flop was RE7 and USF2 hope they get their shyt together because all these flops are purely on them.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't played fighting games in like forever since online play came into the fold...my gripe with it was that (specifically MvC2), when two people are fighting, the guys sitting in the lobby couldnt watch the match live. Have they implemented that feature into some of the newer fighting games? (Me and my friends all ways game in groups online)

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Is it selling well in Japan tho? Because i saw this from today

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite Outsold In Japan By Pokken Tournament and Ultra SF2

Things aren't looking too good for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite so far. The game debuted on the UK sales chart at #12, being handily beaten by Pokken Tournament DX for Nintendo Switch. The latter being a re-release of a Wii U title from 2016.

The Japanese charts aren't looking much better. The Media Create numbers for last week are live and Marvel vs. Capcom charted at #8 on PlayStation 4 with only 8,273 copies sold. The Xbox One version didn't even chart, being that this is Japan. In contrast, Pokken Tournament DX took the #1 spot with 53,395 copies sold, showing the Switch is a monster that cannot be stopped in Japan. (The Switch sold 43,426 units for the week.)

Worst, MvC: Infinite's debut is below that of Ultra Street Fighter 2 for the Switch. Way back in May, Capcom's mega-remix of Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix sold 16,404 copies during its debut week. That was enough for a respectable #3 for the game. Street Fighter V was far ahead, with 41,990 copies sold for its debut in Japan on PlayStation 4.

Suffice it to say, unless the North American sales are painting a very different picture, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite has a long road ahead of it. This is a dire start and sales don't normally get better after opening weekend. Can Capcom turn the ship around? The publisher has more downloadable characters planned for the game, including Black Panther and Monster Hunter, but what happens after that?

Granted, context is important and i don't follow game sales like that to know whether 8.2k sold in one week in Japan is as weak as their making it sound. Or if there was an updated/more factual report.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Sf5 was rushed out for the pro scene.

It was a commercial flop but its not like it took a bunch of money to make. And they've probably made a ton on the whole dlc/seasons/content since then.

MvCi looks to be a flop commercially as well, but its an amazing game, gameplay wise and that's something that everyone agree's on.

But no Xmen and a terrible art style plus the back lash from SF5..... yeah rip.

Simply put if MvCi would have used a different art style or at least had 1 or 2 xmen the whole vibe of the game would be different.

But again Dlc and the pro scene will always keep those games relevant.

Side note: marvel is actually selling well in japan...which is unusual.
bruh MVCI flopped hard in Japan.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
They should've kept Street Fighter 2-D
While I agree sprites are the better look for 2D games, the process of creating them at an HD level is long, arduous, and expensive. 2.5 is just the more economic choice and honestly has little impact on the gameplay itself.

In spite of going through a lull, Capcom and SF will always be the banner franchise for the FGC. No, they won't sell of two of their premiere franchises :russ: