Is Gamepass hurting multiplatform game sales? *RE8 bombs on Xbox*

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I said this the other day. So what that MS is paying their development costs? The money comes in the copies sold. If you're a multiplatform title, you stand to lose out on MS because there's no incentive for their base to buy your product when they get it for free.
If I like the game I'll buy the dlc, and if 23 million ppl play it and it's a good game chances are lots of ppl will buy the dlc. If a game you enjoyed leaves the service you'll likely buy it. More so than a person who never played it like you guys so your logic comes from a know it all perspective because you don't even get to see what's up without paying. I'd be pissed if I bought MLB the show for instance, PISSED!!!

Now if you don't wanna believe me, and if you wasn't such a fanboy you'd know info like this already...

Microsoft's Recent Net Earnings Were $15.5 Billion, Or "About Two Bethesdas"

So how Microsoft make 16 billion in a year if they paying and everyone's losing money? Maybe you guys should stop creating narratives and deal in reality for once :francis:
Exactly. Whats it’s essentially saying is “if you want to actually make money you need to put MTX in this game” and a lot of game designers do not fukk with the concept of mtx. Take Nier for instance, what are they gonna charge you for, theres no dlc, costumes and weapons are free or already included with deluxe versions...etc Are you going to have them change their entire game design just to make a few extra bucks? The type of people that even buy all that extra shyt buy it in collectors editions.
Hey nice thread you have here, and to answer your question...

The Medium already turning a profit in its release week

And you realize the medium isn't close to being the most popular game on the service but who cares about facts. There's no built in dlc like you're claiming, this isn't uncharted multiplayer :camby:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
How convenient of you to include earnings almost entirely generated in MS core business area in a discussion about their gaming division.:bryan:

Lets see what those earnings look like when you remove the PC, cloud and software sales from the equation :sas1:. There is a reason why they don't release their gaming division numbers, to keep investors from going into a panic.

Yeah thats a weak reply because there’s actual no solid numbers reported from the xbox division. Just increase from the previous year which was xbox one, with no exclusives, no huge player base, console sales plateauing...etc compared to a pandemic year of increased game sales across the board, a console launch, and a successful uptick and focus on gamepass.

It’s like comparing something to absolutely nothing. Yes, Microsoft is doing FAR better now than this time last year, but that really isn’t saying much of anything.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
How convenient of you to include earnings almost entirely generated in MS core business area in a discussion about their gaming division.:bryan:

Lets see what those earnings look like when you remove the PC, cloud and software sales from the equation :sas1:. There is a reason why they don't release their gaming division numbers, to keep investors from going into a panic.
Yeah thats a weak reply because there’s actual no solid numbers reported from the xbox division. Just increase from the previous year which was xbox one, with no exclusives, no huge player base, console sales plateauing...etc compared to a pandemic year of increased game sales across the board, a console launch, and a successful uptick and focus on gamepass.

It’s like comparing something to absolutely nothing. Yes, Microsoft is doing FAR better now than this time last year, but that really isn’t saying much of anything.
Ladies...
Xbox Game Pass 'quadrupled' Descenders sales says developer Mike Rose | Windows Central

:hula: Hey ladies, get funky..

Sega says you're fun of shytSega Is "Really Happy" With The Performance Of Its Games On Game Pass

Square enix getting inXbox Game Pass might get 6 more Square Enix games soon | TechRadar

EA play already with it, Ubisoft already gonna commit and Phoenix rising will be available day 1 aka in a month or so?

Sony even made a game for it :banderas: Then paid Capcom NOT TO PUT A GAME IN IT :wow:

I could go into how indie devs are profiting as well
Xbox Game Pass Deal Saved One Indie From "Bootstrapping" Through Development

So when you guys are acting like hardware and physical copies is why they made that profit facts indicate you're a decisional fanboy...

Microsoft Gaming Revenue Dragged Down By Poor Xbox Console Sales
And here's something odd in that link...
This net profit in gaming revenue is the result of “Xbox content and service revenue [being] up $943 million, or 11%.” Minecraft, third-party games, and subscription growth were responsible for this improvement, as was higher engagement brought about by COVID-19 lockdowns. Xbox Game Pass and Minecraft were the primary areas in which engagement and gaming revenue increased.
If there's any stones I didn't turn over, you let me know and I'll pull a Nowitski and shut it dooooown :win:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I asked you about MS profits not random indie devs you've been furiously Googling for the last half an hour.
It clearly goes into profits, quoted and bolded at the end there so maybe you're bias has you skipping everytime facts are posted? Kind of weird, the answer is literally above your post but your bad :ufdup:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
It clearly goes into profits, quoted and bolded at the end there so maybe you're bias has you skipping everytime facts are posted? Kind of weird, the answer is literally above your post but your bad :ufdup:

Sir...please take a few moments and familiarize yourself with the below and revisit my request.

Revenue
Revenue is the total amount of money earned by a company for selling its goods and services.

VS.

Earnings
Earnings, by contrast, reflect the bottom line on the income statement and is the profit a company has earned for a period. The earnings figure is listed as net income on the income statement.

Kindly.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sir...please take a few moments and familiarize yourself with the below and revisit my request.

VS.

Kindly.

Yeah, until hard numbers are provided there’s really no point in arguing. It’s all going off anecdotal evidence and hearsay. Yeah, “we heard, we believe, we are told that so and so engagement increased because of x and y” isn’t an argument I’m willing to give any real thought to

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin

VS.

Kindly.
Which is info that has been talked about extensively, so this notion that were in the dark is based on fanboyism and not caring to know the information that is easily available. I'll finish this below...
Yeah, until hard numbers are provided there’s really no point in arguing. It’s all going off anecdotal evidence and hearsay. Yeah, “we heard, we believe, we are told that so and so engagement increased because of x and y” isn’t an argument I’m willing to give any real thought to
Microsoft reports strong Windows, Xbox, and cloud growth for Q3 2021

Microsoft posted the third quarter of its 2021 financial results today, reporting revenue of $41.7 billion and a net income of $15.5 billion. Revenue is up 19 percent, and net income has increased by 44 percent. Once again, Microsoft has seen strong growth for Xbox and cloud-related services
There's your 16 billion in net income aka 2 Bethesda purchases like the previous article mentioned and 41.7 billion in revenue.

Again ladies, if you have any OTHER stones you'd like me to flip or any hoops you would like to see me jump thru? I'll be here, holding shyt down like I've always done :win:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Xbox users must be waiting for gamepass deal on RE8. Another 80/20 split

• 49% of RE8 sales were on PS5, 31% on PS4 and 20% on Xbox
  • RE8 is the 3rd biggest PS5 launch to date, behind Spider-Man Miles Morales and Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  • After it's first week of sales it's already the 7th best selling PS5 game to date, behind Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Demon's Souls, Watch Dogs Legion and Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Last edited:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.

• RE8 is the 3rd biggest PS5 launch to date, behind Spider-Man Miles Morales and Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  • After it's first week of sales it's already the 7th best selling PS5 game to date, behind Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Demon's Souls, Watch Dogs Legion and Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Nobody waiting for no resident evil lol.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Q94f5n2.gif

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Sony stans :mjlol: