Is emulation mostly a broke boi activity?

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
No. There's a sizable portion of gamers (myself included) that believe anything made after 2000 fukking sucks. Theres tons of modern f2p games thatll do the job just fine if its about having something to play. But there's the sort of care and love in games pre-2000 that is non-existent today.

Like back then their main concern was truly making a great game.. nowadays its more about adhering to algorithms that say something along the lines of "if you can keep a player playing for x amount of time, then hes likely to spend y amount of dollars.. so figure out how to keep him hooked for x amount of time" .. shyt is deplorable

:dahell:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
I got a note 20 ultra:feedme:
Breh, it's a lot of work that goes into it. It's not like these old ass game boy emulators where you download two files and you're eating..you really gotta dig into it. If you want a lead in the right direction I suggest you
EggNS

Takes time to figure out what you're doing, and I fukked up several times, uninstalling corrupted files, storing NSPs in the wrong folder, etc. But once you figure it out, breh...:banderas:

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
Emulation is probably the only way I can play Japan-only retro games on PC Engine, Super Famicom, Megadrive, etc.

Without emulation I'd need modded consoles to play out of region games, and then somehow try to find all those JP games online to import. It would cost tons of money and I'd need extra space to store consoles, games, controllers, etc. With emulation I can have a library with 1000s of retro game ROMs on a thumb drive that I can take anywhere.

SilverSamurai

All Star
Daps
I just got Duckstation today :wow:

With the right PC these PSX games be looking like remasters