Is emulation mostly a broke boi activity?

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Look at Nintendo's systems outside of the switch and everything except PS4 and PS5 titles from Sony's part. Switch and PS5 aren't backwards compatible so you gonna have to have the original or compatible system and a copy that plays these games. Obviously if you have the games already then that's simple. But considering how Nintendo is closing the E-shop you basically got to get a physical copy of a game that isn't getting new copies.

Look at Path of Radience for instance $250+.

No sane person would buy this. This is why emulation is great assuming your PC can handle it. Sure, the majority of these old games can be bought for cheap, but not all of these will get or need a remaster. To play these two Ike Fire Emblem games will cost you 350+ :skip: . That's more then a damn Switch and almost as much as a digital PS5.

Also these old system's games aren't even selling new copies outside of digital with PS3 and 3ds (which will be closing soon.) So odds are you aint even be supporting the devs when you buy an old used physical.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't like the idea of pirating games that are out now, but if studios are refusing to port old games or if some old games become ridiculously expensive to buy because of scarcity, yeah just pirate the shyt

Daps
Reppin
NULL
most people do it to play games at higher resolution and frame rates with patches

by emulation has made me realized how trash older games were and how much games have evolved as far as controls are concerned

only thing that is stood the test of time are the physics in those old sonic games they still cannot replicate, the sonic mania game tried its best but it still isn't the same as the originals

tgu

Pro
Daps
BBG ain't nothing to be ashamed of nikka we eating outchea :ahh: could've bought a switch for $300, OR I could emulate it on my phone for better graphics with an even easier method of docking (screen mirror on the OLED)

Experiencing BOTW for the first time, brehs... It's glorious
:jbhmm: What phone can you emulate a switch on?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
BBG ain't nothing to be ashamed of nikka we eating outchea :ahh: could've bought a switch for $300, OR I could emulate it on my phone for better graphics with an even easier method of docking (screen mirror on the OLED)

Experiencing BOTW for the first time, brehs... It's glorious

the fact a phone is more powerful than that garbage ass system :mjlol:

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
OP, already mentioned that he’s not referring to old games, and some of y’all still came in here talking about old games.:russ:

Broke? No.
Thievery? It depends on how you do it.
I know people that wanted to play BotW at a higher resolution and frame rate so they played it on Cemu, but they also bought a legit copy of the game.
Everyone else is just being a thief.:yeshrug:

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
oh, I didn't realize the OP was talking about all the new games for the PS2, OG Xbox, and Gamecube :comeon:

I overlooked that, my bad.:hubie:

To be fair though, if you can find them at a reasonable price, they should be bought before emulated.

rdj

Pro
Daps
But to emulate new games you need a better than average pc which means you aren't broke boy gang:jbhmm:

Last edited:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brokeboy? A pc has the highest initial cost to gaming. To run emulators decently especially PS3 your looking at spending more than the PS5 and Series X? You going to be waiting a pretty long time unless you have an older console to play ps1 and ps2 games for games you can already play on emulators. But can’t on Ps5.

And nikka do you really want to buy a crt and have those dusty consoles all around in your living space? I mean if you have a mancave it’s different but if your sharing space some people want to keep things minimal. A pc is half the battle to playing everything plus you can play it at better resolutions. Have you seen an emulator called ducktstation? That shyt makes ps1 games look like ps2.

Last edited: