Is emulation mostly a broke boi activity?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Keep in mind I’m not talking about backwards compatibility, but emulators for PC like pcsx2, xemu, dolphin, etc

Dudes talk about game preservation but let’s keep it reality: it’s mostly about having thousands of free games at your fingertips :mjgrin:

At the height of my broke-boyism, emulation was a godsend :ohlawd:Always had something to play

Now that I got money and can buy any game/console I want, I don’t give a fukk about dusty ass emulation. I’d rather play the game the way it was meant to be played or play the official remaster on my shiny new PS5 or PC:umad:

BurstWicks

All Star
Daps
No. There's a sizable portion of gamers (myself included) that believe anything made after 2000 fukking sucks. Theres tons of modern f2p games thatll do the job just fine if its about having something to play. But there's the sort of care and love in games pre-2000 that is non-existent today.

Like back then their main concern was truly making a great game.. nowadays its more about adhering to algorithms that say something along the lines of "if you can keep a player playing for x amount of time, then hes likely to spend y amount of dollars.. so figure out how to keep him hooked for x amount of time" .. shyt is deplorable

Last edited:

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Fightcade done change the game, me and my boyz from HS :flabbynsick: (we use to cut class to go play KOF 95, MK2/3,samsho2/ssf2T) :flabbynsick:

Been running monthly tournaments and weekend practice runs since the pandemic on fightcade and nulldcBear.

:whew: them old snk games play smooth as butter online. And we had leagues on Ps3/ps4/xbox live and fightcade just plays better :ohlawd:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
BBG ain't nothing to be ashamed of nikka we eating outchea :ahh: could've bought a switch for $300, OR I could emulate it on my phone for better graphics with an even easier method of docking (screen mirror on the OLED)

Experiencing BOTW for the first time, brehs... It's glorious

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
No the cost of anything from PS2 on back espcially fighting games and RPGs has skyrocketed to the get the physical copies. Plus now you have clone systems and emulation stations. It's the only way to play lot of games now. So yes, emulation does preserve a lot of gaming history.

shyt, them PSP, Nintendo DS/3DS RPGs shooting up in price too. Them one off Atlus RPGs will run your pockets.