• OtherNo

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's a soap opera man. By definition it's going to be wild and outlandish and ridiculous. Can't give it that status at all because it accomplishes exactly what it's trying to accomplish. It's the black Dallas. And it was better than Dallas when it came back
You're in here and you still haven't seen Atlanta :ufdup:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's funny about the comments in this thread is people are saying is the "WOAT" while also admitting they were watching the show for multiple seasons and saying it was trash. :stopitslime:

It's ok to say a show is just "Bad", not everything has to be the worst or the greatest thing ever.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a soap opera man. By definition it's going to be wild and outlandish and ridiculous. Can't give it that status at all because it accomplishes exactly what it's trying to accomplish. It's the black Dallas. And it was better than Dallas when it came back

Hell forget Dallas, remember that show Platinum that came on UPN? It was the same premise as Empire but everything across the board was worse.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You're in here and you still haven't seen Atlanta :ufdup:

:manny: still don't care either. Keep telling you all peer pressure does nothing lol. I haven't given in to peer pressure since I was like 5 or 6 years old man. That shyt don't phase me

Hell forget Dallas, remember that show Platinum that came on UPN? It was the same premise as Empire but everything across the board was worse.

Word. It's just a soap. Thats like saying Bold and the beautiful or one life to live is the worst show ever.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

That wasn't a comedy? It had Sticky in like the starring role. But I think the difference with the shows that you mentioned and Empire is that, those shoes were shytty, everybody knew it and they didn't last. Most of the people that watch and are fans of Empire can't seem to fathom that the show is horrible. It doesn't play to the melodrama of the soaps. Hell, Tajai seemed to e the only one that knew she was in a dramedy...more like a comedra...and had fun with it. Hell, they resolve plotlines quicker than sitcoms.

But then again, I don't watch and the last scene I saw was when bul was decapitated in prison and had his head delivered in a box...the same day.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I actually liked the first season but figured that now that they got a second season they'd slow things down some. Instead they doubled down with the fukkery. People excuse it as being a soap but even soaps flesh out their stories better than Empire. They've ran through like 8-9 seasons worth of stories in three seasons already to the point that you can't even get invested in a story since you know within two weeks it won't mean anything anyway as they've moved on to something else. I think the writers have had some good ideas for stories but no idea how to actually execute and flesh them out. I gave up on it finally earlier this season.

Daps
Reppin
The Dirty South
Far from being WOAT status but the 2nd season was a mess. Cookie and Anika are unrecognizable now. I started back watching for Lucious, Thirsty, Tariq and the crazy ass mom but now that she's killed Fatima's b*stard and Lu has amnesia, I'm probably done. I can't stand all the guest appearances and Jamal's singing. Just give him his own show or put him on Star with the Rachel Dolezal looking chick.

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
jumped the shark when they had that rap battle and the gay dude gave homie singing bars and it went over w/o him getting stomped to wine. i knew right there if i was gonna keep on watching i couldnt get upset and if i did, it'd be my own fault. i held on though.