Is Elden Ring truly the goat? Post a screenshot of your current character *pre-shadow of the goattree hype*

Is there another game technically better than Elden Ring?

• I don’t think so…

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Maybe, but probably not.

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
ER top 10. I beat it 2 years ago but got burnt out at the end, I started a new game a few months ago and took a break and got back into it again last weekend and I'm hooked and better than ever with the DLC dropping. I'm not so burnt out at the end now so I'm not rushing through the final areas.

Last edited:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
There is a narrative. Even without reading items and notes, characters are constantly giving you exposition throughout the journey
Paper thin practically none existent, told in the typical souls like way. Might as well be a fighting game, a game that adopted the formula but had a flowing narrative and story was Jedi fallen order and Survivor.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I played through the game twice and liked it a lot. My thoughts of it possibly being the GOAT stopped somewhere along Caelid and Altus Plateau though, and especially in the later open areas.

It's a lot to expect such a big game to have all great content, but I don't think the GOAT game can have as much mediocre content as ER does. In Mountaintops of the Giants and Altus so much of the land feels copy pasted and uninspired.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
NG+ build. Was a moonveil/pulley bow samauri for my first playthrough but switched to faith/Arcane samaurai w/ rivers of blood and high level incantations. Wakzashi in the left hand and dragon seal along w/ RoB and Pulley bow in the right, all while keeping my overall weigh light for dodging. Cant wait to use the odachi in Erdtree tho :wow:

7d30772b-6e1b-4a60-9e55-8bc6091031ff.png

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Can’t be the GOAT with no narrative, and please don’t tell me about reading shyt on items. :pachaha:

Souls fans need to understand shyt is a niche, if they actually did something story wise you would have more people invested. I don’t see why GRRM was even involved when you still applied the same old formula.

Niche? It sold 23 mill.
Q0HuE4g.png

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I picked this back up on Saturday as I started a new game plus and then dropped it.

I now have to get back to the point where I can continue the DLC.

It's been nearly two years I played it for 2 hours and fell back in love with it!

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Currently have a bleed/2-hand build but I'm on my 3rd play through so I'm just messing around until the DLC.

Not sure what build I'll use for the DLC, probably one of the new ones.

1iFoxXo.jpg

Fred.

Damn, tanky af…

This is what im currently doing…a proper battle mage/spellsword build. It’s pretty good proc’n frost damage with Darkmoon Greatsword but BB is still unmatched. This is more versatile though.

IMG_3839.jpg

A little of my first sorcerer INT and my Faith/STR

Already got all my spells too…

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I like to role play for real :dame: started a new character named Ghost Lion Akile, African looking Warrior with golden eyes and White face paint, gonna make him Dex/Faith based with a few points in other places so I can rock the Great Curveswords and some Incantations. Bloodhound fang is my shyt lol

Ive been focusing on trying to beat Sekiro more than anything so I can really just No Life SOTE when it drops, but I still got the One Armed Wolf as my favorite From Soft game :manny:

Its GOAT level though I probably have more fun in ER if Im being for real
Sekiro gets the edge in combat for sure, being able to parry is hype af and having to be aggressive is just more exciting in general than the bob and weave you gotta do in Elden Ring, I had way more fun squabbling with Sekiro bosses and using technique

elden ring just felt like I had to figure out how to do cheaper shyt than the bosses

Nothing else is close though, elden ring blows it outta the water in exploration/builds/weapons/abilities/lore :whew: gonna start my 3rd run soon

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Niche? It sold 23 mill.
Q0HuE4g.png

Fred.m
I was talking about the souls franchise as a whole. Just because one sells like that doesn’t apply to everything as a whole. The genre is no more mainstream than say the CRPG franchise thanks to Baldurs gate 3.