Is Elden Ring truly the goat? Post a screenshot of your current character *pre-shadow of the goattree hype*

Is there another game technically better than Elden Ring?

• I don’t think so…

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Maybe, but probably not.

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tair

Superstar
Daps
Can’t be the GOAT with no narrative, and please don’t tell me about reading shyt on items. :pachaha:

Souls fans need to understand shyt is a niche, if they actually did something story wise you would have more people invested. I don’t see why GRRM was even involved when you still applied the same old formula.

The game sold 20+ million copies so far, and various Lore channels average 1 million+ views per video.

Fromsoft's type of story-telling may not be better than traditional story-telling, but it is novel enough. Fromsoft's storytelling adds more value to the game to me because it is truly about learning by discovering that a lot of games/media lacks.

:manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I was talking about the souls franchise as a whole. Just because one sells like that doesn’t apply to everything as a whole. The genre is no more mainstream than say the CRPG franchise thanks to Baldurs gate 3.

We gotta stop calling games that sell 10 million plus copies niche lol

Souls games have been more popular than any other action game genre for 10 years now

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
It’s one of the few games where everyone in the Arcadium puts the console wars to the side, it has to be in GOAT contention on the strength of that :blessed:

Last edited:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
The game sold 20+ million copies so far, and various Lore channels average 1 million+ views per video.

Fromsoft's type of story-telling may not be better than traditional story-telling, but it is novel enough. Fromsoft's storytelling adds more value to the game to me because it is truly about learning by discovering that a lot of games/media lacks.

:manny:

We gotta stop calling games that sell 10 million plus copies niche lol

Souls games have been more popular than any other action game genre for 10 years now
:manny:Fair enough but I will stand by my point regarding their method of story telling.