Is Dr. Dre at the root of all the destructive trends in rap? EDIT: Just the music, not the ills of the Black community

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
I put it more on Tupac. Breh went from fun party, semi-conscious rapper to glorifying the thug life. He had a higher profile than Dre and had to try and fit in with the LA Crips and Bloods gang culture. Then I think he started the east-west coast beef which was perplexing since he was born and raised in the east. And he had a Black Panther background so he should have been pushing unity.
Just my thoughts that can be corrected.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
I mean all of that shyt was already happening in our communities. They just put it on beats and wax

And it was being talked about in our entertainment (music, movies, books) pre gangsta rap

Donald Goines was more graphic than NWA ever was. He just ain't rhyme and have fire ass beats
I said "trends in rap".
I'm sure your Uncle Redmond shot some nikka with a Saturday Night Special in 1972.
We talking about rap music.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
I put it more on Tupac. Breh went from fun party, semi-conscious rapper to glorifying the thug life. He had a higher profile than Dre and had to try and fit in with the LA Crips and Bloods gang culture. Then I think he started the east-west coast beef which was perplexing since he was born and raised in the east. And he had a Black Panther background so he should have been pushing unity.
Just my thoughts that can be corrected.
Pac definitely jumped on that bandwagon, but the bandwagon had to be already built and rolling for him to jump on it.
NWA was in Newsweek while Pac was still writing love poems to Jada.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
I don't see what was so destructive about it. nikkas was still gonna be on all that shyt with or without it getting into rap.
3euxk7.jpg

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Got to blame the labels, but Dre didn't want Rakim rapping about anything with some type of knowledge content, just violent lyrics with his beats. Look at the stupid shyt he made Em rap about with those beats, a bunch of gay, weirdo shyt.

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
I would say record execs but before even them it's consumers.

If consumers wanted Church friendly, PG rap, that's what execs would be chasing and what record labels would be putting out

You're trying to single out the one guy who left gangsta rap he helped create to make more positive music only to come back because that's what the consumer market dictated.