Is Derrick Henry declining?

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
This is the next RB drama, this is the last year of his contract, right?

Titans are going nowhere as a team and have no reason to pay him big $$.
I don't think it's gonna be much of a drama, he's gonna be 30 with a ton of miles as he enters free agency in March.

The Titans aren't gonna tag him, he'll be free to negotiate with anyone who's interested. Wouldn't surprise me if McVay throws a solid 2/$20m at him, he's wanted a power back for a while.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Their little team/fan chant last year was “We Run It!” :heh:

Hopkins is washed!? I haven’t seen him play for the Titans yet :mjcry:

Boolean

APIDTA
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY ENTERTAINMENT
At what point, just WHAT would you have to either give up or pay to get a true WR1 to play and stay in Nashville?

AJ wanted to stay a Titan and was only asking for 20M a year and would have took it over the 25M Philly was offering out of familiarity

AJ getting that GM fired must’ve felt euphoric :wow:

JLaw

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm surprised he didn't fall off sooner given the workload he's carried across high school, college, and the pros. I remember people questioning if teams should even use a draft pick on him because of the mileage he had before even getting to the league.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
The signs of decline were there last year...

He broke his gotdamn foot at his apex in 2021, when he was on pace to be the first b2b 2k yard runner, then missed the rest of the year...

He came back slow last year, then even when he got back right, you could see he lost a step. And last year was when I noticed he really started struggling in short yardage situations and being able to be brought down by one tackler, on a more routine basis...

The fact that he was still able to put up 1500 yards with that foot bothering him all year is a testament to how great he is...

So, is he declining? Yes, the signs started showing last year. Has he fallen off a cliff? No, at least not yet, we'll be able to tell as the season wears on...

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Henry-4.jpeg

HE GOT A LOT LEFT IN THE TANK!! :birdman:

Nah but per the other replies here, its easy to look washed as a RB when your team has no credible passing attack and you're facing an eight man front every carry

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yeah he is but his team is ass, the only two wins the titans have on the year is when he carried more than 20 times.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He ran for 1538 yards and had 1936 from scrimmage last year, He’s going through what running backs with a bad QB and a bad O-line go through, the O-line doesn’t create the space he needs and nobody worrying about Ryan Tannehil(2TDs 5 ints this YEAR) and washed up Deandre Hopkins. Put him in Philly and he’s Christian McCaffrey with the Niners.

This might need to happen :wow:

Titans gotta trade him.