Is Death Stranding gonna flop?

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I'm copping physical and if its buns I'll get most of my money back on trade in. Kojima is why the pre-orders are high, whether thats justified we'll see but there's crazy pressure for this to deliver.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have a feeling the game could be coming out TOMORROW and we'll still not really know wtf the game is.

shyt is confusing. I bet you Kojima probably going to do some dumb shyt like when you buy the game physically, it won't work right away and instead you have to bring your PS4 to qualifying locations and connect to a mysterious wifi network that will authorize the game for unlocking.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
You guys really falling for the okie doke on this one.

Seems pretty obvious to me he’s hiding a lot from the gamer on purpose to make it intriguing.

I wouldn’t take this gameplay to mean this is all you do in the game.

Kojima has given me multiple classics so I’m trying this off the strength.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
this dude grew mushrooms with his urine and they loved it. No way it flops. Kojima got em eating outta the palm of his hands

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I remember God of War initially trailer with gameplay, it did look clunky af when they first showed it. I was shocked how dope it played when the retail dropped.

If this game doesn't play as smooth as MGSV, then a lot of people are going to be asking wtf was Kojima and Co doing all these years. I saw that trailer they dropped for this game and was typical Kojima shyt... all production value, withholding the meat/substance

:jbhmm:

With how dope MGSV's gameplay was, I wouldn't trip too much... but it could either mean we have a treat in store, or it could mean the game plays like shyt

:dead:

I'll let the game come out before even thinking about which one of those categories this game falls under

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
You guys really falling for the okie doke on this one.

Seems pretty obvious to me he’s hiding a lot from the gamer on purpose to make it intriguing.

I wouldn’t take this gameplay to mean this is all you do in the game.

Kojima has given me multiple classics so I’m trying this off the strength.
That’s the issue with the way this game is being marketed. At this point it’s biggest selling point is who’s making it and not the game itself. You take this exact same game and everything we’ve seen, take Kojima’s name off and replace it with some random no name developer, it would get shytted on and rightfully so.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
That’s the issue with the way this game is being marketed. At this point it’s biggest selling point is who’s making it and not the game itself. You take this exact same game and everything we’ve seen, take Kojima’s name off and replace it with some random no name developer, it would get shytted on and rightfully so.
But he is making it. And has a proven track record. And we’ve barely seen any of the game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
But he is making it. And has a proven track record. And we’ve barely seen any of the game.
:usure: at the bolded?

That’s the question. Is the gameplay we’ve seen representative of the full game or is Kojima trolling?

Either way, people can only react to what they’ve been shown, and all that’s been trash.

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
After seeing people wish death on Shenmue III for being a unique game while praising Death Stranding to the moon, I hope it does flop so all these Kojima stans can eat crow.

#YuSuzukisquad :birdman:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
:usure: at the bolded?

That’s the question. Is the gameplay we’ve seen representative of the full game or is Kojima trolling?

Either way, people can only react to what they’ve shown, and all that’s been trash.
It’s called benefit of doubt. This is a man who imo has never made a game not worth playing. So I’m gonna assume he’s suddenly making a shytty game or wait til I play it?

This is also a man who e joys trolling and being cryptic/symbolic so I wouldn’t be shocked in the least if he’s hiding the main gameplay loop from us. Like how he hid Raiden.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It’s called benefit of doubt. This is a man who imo has never made a game not worth playing. So I’m gonna assume he’s suddenly making a shytty game or wait til I play it?

This is also a man who e joys trolling and being cryptic/symbolic so I wouldn’t be shocked in the least if he’s hiding the main gameplay loop from us. Like how he hid Raiden.
I get it, Kojima likes to troll. But in reality even if this turns out to be a good game, the portion of gameplay we’ve been shown sucks.

If a significant portion of the gameplay is based around this gameplay loop we’ve seen of waking up, taking a piss, listening to dialogue, and sliding babies down a hill. Then this game can’t be great.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I get it, Kojima likes to troll. But in reality even if this turns out to be a good game, the portion of gameplay we’ve been shown sucks.

If a significant portion of the gameplay is based around this gameplay loop we’ve seen of waking up, taking a piss, listening to dialogue, and sliding babies down a hill. Then this game can’t be great.
Im not guaranteeing it'll be good and I get where people are coming from wit the skepticism. I just think he's doing the okie doke.

I've enjoyed his previous games enough to give him some leeway until I try it myself is all.

This man has 2 games in my top 10 (MGS1, MGS3), until he completely falls off I'm giving his games a shot.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Possible and it's all his fault for taking so long with the game and teasing the game for like 30 years and not giving anybody anything but walking.

I bought into the hype because its Kojima but if we having an honest conversation, nothing he's done while promoting this game has made me actually want it.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
What is this based off of? :gucci:

I don't get why people are giving this game the benefit of the doubt when we haven't seen any game play. Not really. Any other AAA title would have multiple long ass game play presentations at this point....the game comes out in 3 months and we have maybe a total of 10-15 minutes of game play. And it's all disjointed as hell. Just random cut scenes and the main character running, seeing weird shyt, etc. Nothing uninterrupted.

I get that Kojima is a god to gamers but I'm not willing to give any studio or designer a pass based on what little info we have so far.

Fred.

I think I'm going off of the reported gameplay mechanics that were posted in the general thread from what I remember people were happy about it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think I'm going off of the reported gameplay mechanics that were posted in the general thread from what I remember people were happy about it.
Happy about what? Nobody has played a demo. :gucci:

It was basically a bullet point list of how the game would play.

Fred.