Is Death Stranding gonna flop?

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
Just like I suspected from few gameplay clips they snuck into the previous trailers, that game looks boring as fukk. This game is gonna move some units off of Kojima's name alone, definitely not the gameplay

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The game will probably have some addicting gameplay elements to keep people playing for more.

What is this based off of? :gucci:

I don't get why people are giving this game the benefit of the doubt when we haven't seen any game play. Not really. Any other AAA title would have multiple long ass game play presentations at this point....the game comes out in 3 months and we have maybe a total of 10-15 minutes of game play. And it's all disjointed as hell. Just random cut scenes and the main character running, seeing weird shyt, etc. Nothing uninterrupted.

I get that Kojima is a god to gamers but I'm not willing to give any studio or designer a pass based on what little info we have so far.

Fred.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
What is this based off of? :gucci:

I don't get why people are giving this game the benefit of the doubt when we haven't seen any game play. Not really. Any other AAA title would have multiple long ass game play presentations at this point....the game comes out in 3 months and we have maybe a total of 10-15 minutes of game play. And it's all disjointed as hell. Just random cut scenes and the main character running, seeing weird shyt, etc. Nothing uninterrupted.

I get that Kojima is a god to gamers but I'm not willing to give any studio or designer a pass based on what little info we have so far.

Fred.

Because MGS V had very good game play and he has the same team from that game making this game.

Kojima has a track record of having action packed, highly polished games. So for me, He has earned the benefit of the doubt.

He has already said there will be options for gunplay and stealth. He has shown A little of it but not much.

If.anything, Im more worried about the story than the game play. But again I can't knock anyone for being put off or bashing what we have seen so for because those are the only things we can, for certain , judge the game by.

Edit. Small amount of.gunplay shown:

Last edited:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Some one just did a video on YouTube about how he used pt to metaphorically air the shyt out of Konami with their split and got that alllll the way around his nda, so he's clearly trolling at this point

The concept of the game is still insane so I bet by the time you hit halfway through the story line it's gonna be alot of :ohhh::stopitslime::picard::sadcam::mjcry::blessed::dwillhuh::mjtf::gladbron::whoo::deadrose::lawd::banderas:
But the narrative has to be almost perfect since that is clearly the biggest aspect that stands out and that's just incredibly hard in any medium

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
This is why I have to wait until next year for TLOU2
giphy.gif

This shyt looks like convoluted trash

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you just focus on the minute to minute gameplay this shyt looks like trash. Empty open world nonsense with the typical open world fetch quest being built in because your a fukking professional fetcher/deliverer. No fukking thank you. That world of the dead shyt looks somewhat interesting but I dunno brehs.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a PS4 (or 5) exclusive so it's going to be overhyped as hell like other boring PS4 exclusives such as Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War (coincidentally games people don't even talk about anymore)

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
It's a PS4 (or 5) exclusive so it's going to be overhyped as hell like other boring PS4 exclusives such as Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War (coincidentally games people don't even talk about anymore)
This bullshyt is coming to PC too

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
It's basically a survivor horror game but with a last of us feel.

Game play looks dread. Not buying until I see reviews or let's play