Is Concord the biggest flop of this generation? ($400M Budget, Shut Down after One Week)

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The difference you're conveniently leaving out is there was barely any excited of note at all regarding Concord.
Xbots were salivating for Scalebound.
Sony stans seem to clearly be in agreement that the game looked mid off rip (to those that even knew it existed) and everyone else that caught wind hasn't really made excuses for the game.
It's universally regarded as a flop which is why there isn't much talk outside of that.
@Fatboi1 dapped this, but also bought the game :lolbron:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The real difference is when it's Xbox it's, "MS this, MS that" when it's PlayStation it's "we don't, we never, we got"

Concord has been being hyped by SONY for awhile just like scalebound was being hyped by MS.

The difference is scalebound looked like it might have been fun to most people.

The other difference is scalebound never released, but you'd think it did the way Sony stans still bring it up as a MS blunder( even though the team took responsibility for screwing it up)
I don’t know how the game was “hyped by Sony” when I had no idea the game existed until it was announced that it was being cancelled and a bunch of people on here didn’t know about it either.
The hype for scalebound was way bigger than any hype for concord.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
budget going up like the powerball :mjlol:

yall need to leave them alone man.. whole dev team under tight cirveillance rn

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The difference you're conveniently leaving out is there was barely any excited of note at all regarding Concord.
Xbots were salivating for Scalebound.
Sony stans seem to clearly be in agreement that the game looked mid off rip (to those that even knew it existed) and everyone else that caught wind hasn't really made excuses for the game.
It's universally regarded as a flop which is why there isn't much talk outside of that.
Concord was shown off at multiple sony showcases just like scalebound.

Sony nikkas always coming up with some “that was different” golaposts.

You know good and damn well if this was an xbox game that was so bad it had to be pulled from the shelves, sony stans, cac tweets, and games writers would have had a fukkin field day.

So many think pieces about where microsoft went wrong, and how they mismanaged things. Dozens of threads here about how phil spencer should be fired, countless cac tweets about how incompetent the studio is etc.

Last edited:

JarrodG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Scalebound definitely had more hype. At the time it was being made by platinum games in their prime.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I don’t know how the game was “hyped by Sony” when I had no idea the game existed until it was announced that it was being cancelled and a bunch of people on here didn’t know about it either.
The hype for scalebound was way bigger than any hype for concord.
that's how you know the marketing was shyt

concord has been pushed around constantly for years - i think the 2023 reveal was blended into the rollouts for ff16, spiderman, and some other stuff. and that's kinda how its been borrowing from exposure but completely missing the traction needed to land with anyone

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You know good and damn well if this was an xbox game that was so bad it had to be pulled from the shelves, sony stans, cac tweets, and games writers would have had a fukkin field day.

So many think pieces about where microsoft went wrong, and how they mismanaged things. Dozens of threads here about how phil spencer should be fired, countless cac tweets about how incompetent the studio is etc.
This isn't true.:francis:

Concord was shown and actually revealed(meaning seeing wtf it actually was with characters and then a gameplay trailer) at ONE state of play event earlier this year and then had the beta released about a month later. It was not some multiple event showcasing the GAME.

It literally was May 2024 gameplay reveal, beta in July, released in August.

The reveal trailer was not even gameplay or even concept. It literally was nothing but the inside of a ship and then 2024 release date title.

May 24th 2023.

The actual reveal+gameplay trailer was done this year during the summer.
May 30th 2024

These two were shown the same day.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Redfall is pretty much your point with this. I think media reaction is much different with Redfall compared to this game. I think that's my main issue with the media because they pick and choose when it's okay to pick on a game. We had a PCgamer of all places telling people to be kinder when they're the publication that kept on attacking games like Suicide Squad, Avengers, Starfield, Redfall, Assassin's Creed, etc.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This isn't true.:francis:

Concord was shown and actually revealed(meaning seeing wtf it actually was with characters and then a gameplay trailer) at ONE state of play event earlier this year and then had the beta released about a month later. It was not some multiple event showcasing the GAME.

It literally was May 2024 gameplay reveal, beta in July, released in August.

The reveal trailer was not even gameplay or even concept. It literally was nothing but the inside of a ship and then 2024 release date title.

May 24th 2023.

The actual reveal+gameplay trailer was done this year during the summer.
May 30th 2024

These two were shown the same day.

Literally the same as scalebound.

There was a teaser trailer at one show, then a “gameplay” reveal at another.

Like i said you dudes just make up these stories to make yourselves feel better.

You went out and bought this shyt day one. Obviously there was some hype surrounding it :stopitslime:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Literally the same as scalebound.

There was a teaser trailer at one show, then a “gameplay” reveal at another.

Like i said you dudes just make up these stories to make yourselves feel better.

You went out and bought this shyt day one. Obviously there was some hype surrounding it :stopitslime:
There was barely any hype for the game, wtf? Lol buying a game doesn't mean there was hype. I literally bought it because I had money saved from splitting the cost of Wukong with the fam on Steam so I just used the rest to get Concord which I found for $33 online.

The game had barely any hype. There's this idea that it somehow had hype but the hype didn't translate to actual sales which is dumb.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There was barely any hype for the game, wtf? Lol buying a game doesn't mean there was hype. I literally bought it because I had money saved from splitting the cost of Wukong with the fam on Steam so I just used the rest to get Concord which I found for $33 online.

The game had barely any hype. There's this idea that it somehow had hype but the hype didn't translate to actual sales which is dumb.
Sony stans :mjlol: